Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purpose behind stun. | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Could anyone help me figure out the purpose of stun, because all of the times that I see the stun button show up over a person hunting me, I smack that button and they just walk straight through it like I didn't do anything. The only time I seem to be able to get it to work is when my attacker is stupid enough to stand still in front of me with their back to me and even then they seem to be able to still turn around and kill me sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Stun is a humiliation move (was also called "humiliate" in some pre-release interviews).

When your pursuer has no clue who or where you are, you can stun them. From in front, you'll rarely get away with it unless your pursuer has no clue who you are. From behind you'll usually land it, but if they expect it, the stun can be countered and they'll kill you. Some pursuers give themselves away and wait for you to try and stun them. The timing is pretty tight for countering a stun, and even moreso from behind, but it can be done, so be cautious when you're using it. Don't expect to walk up to your hunter and knock them out easily.

Also, shouldn't this be in the multiplayer forum?

About the different in forums, I didn't realize there was a specific forum for multiplayer, I only started posting yesterday and didn't check for that.

Banned
    I'll tell you what sucks, smoke grenades. I used it and it didn't stun my pursuer long enough for me to get away. he just came right over to me and killed me. the effects last only one or two seconds at the most and that's weak. but yeah, I've only been able to stun one time since i've been playing. I hung off the edge of a building and my pursuer walked right up to me and looked at me. I guess he was commenting on how stupid i looked and I jumped up and came right up behind them and stunned them. I don't think they saw it coming.

I find that stun usually lasts 3 seconds, for me..But it depends on your timing. You really have to take lag into account for stuns. But you also can't use it TOO early, cause then it won't last very long. Generally if you hit someone with a smoke bomb, best thing to do, if you can without risking much, is stun them (with circle) after you smoke stun them. That will put them out for awhile. + If you're in Wanted, they will lose their contract.

They technically lose it in team modes, too, but they just get their ability to kill you right back about 10 or so seconds after the get up, so you still wanna disappear.

Originator of Walking the Dinosaur in MP.
    Never thought so many good players would turn out to be terrible!

Stun is supposed to give you a small window of opportunity to escape from your hunter. Thats why its changed to stun, it stuns your opponents long enough for you to run away somewhere else. That is as long as they don't catch you off gaurd first.

Also if you read the multiplayer menu theres a sort post about not relying on stun as a full counter to the assassinations because thats not what it is. It is not a counter, it is a stun. Like stated it is used only when the hunter isn't aware of your presence and you have the window to stun them to get away.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Having a Snooze or too much booze?

Banned
    The best way to describe it is that stun is a "show off" move to be used when your pursuer's already beaten, not something to aggressively take them down with.

If it's not supposed to be used on a person who you know is hunting you, what is the purpose of having the button show up when they are running at you, but not when they are standing right in front of you in a blend crowd?

Originally posted by Thrawn526:
    If it's not supposed to be used on a person who you know is hunting you, what is the purpose of having the button show up when they are running at you, but not when they are standing right in front of you in a blend crowd?
    It does appear when they are standing right in front of you in a blend crowd...

You do have to have them highlighted, just like an assassination though. Half the time that's how I pull stuns off. A guy will walk up to a crowd with me and someone that looks like me in it and try to figure out which one is which. In the meantime I stun him because he didn't figure this out before approaching.

Originator of Walking the Dinosaur in MP.
    Never thought so many good players would turn out to be terrible!

Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thrawn526:
    It does appear when they are standing right in front of you in a blend crowd...

You do have to have them highlighted, just like an assassination though. Half the time that's how I pull stuns off. A guy will walk up to a crowd with me and someone that looks like me in it and try to figure out which one is which. In the meantime I stun him because he didn't figure this out before approaching. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't work that way for me. I stand in a blend crowd, a person walks in and I highlight them, no kill button or stun button so I figure it's just another templar hunting another target, then he/she kills me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast