Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't maintain level flight or control of my joystick | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Originally posted on 11/23/03 02:40AM (server time: GMT 0)

After the tidious task of assigning all the functions manualy to my X-45. I get in the cockpit and none of what i've assigned to my joystick works. Does LOMAC not save these commands to the system??

Also to top it all off, i cant even maintain level flight. every aircraft just want to dive right into the ground, or climb right into the sky.

There is nothing wrong with my calibration.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Originally posted on 11/23/03 02:40AM (server time: GMT 0)

After the tidious task of assigning all the functions manualy to my X-45. I get in the cockpit and none of what i've assigned to my joystick works. Does LOMAC not save these commands to the system??

Also to top it all off, i cant even maintain level flight. every aircraft just want to dive right into the ground, or climb right into the sky.

There is nothing wrong with my calibration.

XyZspineZyX
    No, there probably isn't anything wrong with your calibration. While beta testing, I noticed the same problems with my Cougar. You need to go into the "input" section under "options" and assign a dead-zone to the appropriate axis and I also suggest adding a slight curve to the axis. See if this helps. As far far as the commands problem, I can't help you on that one. Did you assign them within the sim or via a profile with Saitek software?

Griff

100th AFW Buddy Boys
    Land on the fantail and drive to the wires!
    www.buddyboys.net
    Gaming system: Asus P4C800-E, P4 3.0 Ghz, ATI 9700 Pro with Cat. 3.7's, 1 Gig of PC 3500 Ram, Direct X 9.0b, Win XP Home with SP1

XyZspineZyX
    Ok I'm having the same problem with my X45. Glad to know I'm not alone. I get the annoying pitching and rolling . cant maintian level flight.

I need a step by step idiots guide on how to do the whole "seting a deadzone" thing on my stick. When someone figures it out, please post how to.

Thanks guys.

No complaints on the game.

XyZspineZyX
    ok guys, i had the same problem too, but you need to add "dead zones" to the axis'....to do this go into the options screen for your stick.....you should set a dead zone for each axis, start with maybe half or one full line of dead zone and go from there.....adjust the dead zones to the way you like your stick to feel

this will take care of any rolling or pitching....the aircraft will then fly straight as a board til you move your stick

Bonez

XyZspineZyX
    I'm a moron.

Do you have to do them indiviually. pitch and roll? Or both at the same time when your setting dead zones? where do you start with the slider? middle?..end? one mark?...two marks? Maybe I need pictures..lol I'm sorry I'm just an idiot when it comes to "setting dead zones"

Still sorta dont understand but I appreciate your help and patients.

XyZspineZyX
    Send me an email and I will send you guys screens of my settings and some explanation of what to do with them. I had the same problem as you.

Backbiter

XyZspineZyX
    my email is Cheb75@yahoo.com

Dont know how to get your email address on here...hmmm

Thanks alot I appreciate it.

Message Edited on 11/23/0305:24AM by Cheb

XyZspineZyX
    I think it just happens in the training mission because, I think, 'Altitude Stabilization Mode' is on when you press CTRL-Q to take control.

Here' something I posted earlier...

As far as the frustration concerning the pitch. I figured out what cures it for me!! Yeah!!! Cause if I couldn't have figured it out it would have completely kept me from being able to enjoy the sim.

What cured it for me was toggling 'Altitude Stabilization Mode' by pressing 'H' on the keyboard. That was all it took. After that it was all good!

Cheers,

Jim

"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

XyZspineZyX
    Sent you some mail.

Let me know how it does or if I did not explain clearly.

Backbiter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast