Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed to restore Network Connection (HAWX 2) | Forums

I get this error when i try to open missions or online games?

Does anyone know how to fix this or does someone from ubi actually want to make the game work before they release it?
    Or give me my money back cos im getting sweet F**k all for it at moment!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Is this error coming up with the PC or console version, which one exactly? You may need to open up ports or configure/disable your firewall. The PC and PS3 versions have ports that need to be opened.

PC Ports:
    An easy way to make HAWX 2 work behind your router is to setup your gaming PC as the DMZ. To learn about how to setup your gaming PC as the DMZ, check your router's documentation.

If you don't want to set your gaming PC as the DMZ, then you'll have to do some special configuration to your router or firewall to make sure all the game's features work properly.

Here are the ports you'll have to open, or forward:

38967 & 3074 ports for online game data

17889 - for LAN session discovery.

PS3 Ports:
    The game requires the following ports to be open in your router or firewall:

(From page 8 in the game manual)

TCP: 7788
    UDP: 7790

If you use a router with a unique IP address and you want to create rooms and games (so you can host a server), you must route these ports to your Playstation 3 system.

tried all these and still not working

Which system do you have the game for?

PC

Am running it through steam if that helps.

So an ideas?

Can you take a screenshot of the error that comes up and PM it to me?

Ubisoft - I'm getting this error too. I purchased this game from Steam, had the "Error 1" none sense so had to re-install the game launcher and played for about an hour. Next time around, it crashed, then the intro played with the task bar still over the top of it! Restarted computer, got into game after letting intro run then I get this network error even though I can hit F2 and connect to the link in the game. Not worked since!

Seems that an internet connection was a pretty bad idea, and now I'm $50 out of pocket for a game which doesn't work.

What's the plan?

I got this error too on PC, and I am not even play online game. I don't think this has anything to do with my router, I am play the mission, 20% of time, I can't start the missiong dut to this network error, other 80% I do can play, but time to time when I need load checkpoint the error shows says the network error and want me to wait restore and then it never did, in the mean time, my network have no issue what so ever, just 70% of time I load check point I got this error.

What you're describing makes it sound like you have some extremely bad packet loss or you're on a satellite connection (not recommended..) Any form of wireless connection can give you this type of behavior.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast