Thread: Far Cry Fails to Start | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

I baught and down loaded Far Cry off of Steam and when I run it, it fails to start and I get
    a window saying Far Cry stopped working. . .

Then Vista gives me a solution saying this. .
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">
    Download updates for a missing file. Install the package below and copy MSVCP71.dll to %systemroot%\System32

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...CF3A3&displaylang=en

This problem was caused by a missing file. Install the package below and copy MSVCP71.dll to %systemroot%\System32, which was created by Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.</span>

I have tried down loading this package but I don't know where to save and and what to do with it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I baught and down loaded Far Cry off of Steam and when I run it, it fails to start and I get
    a window saying Far Cry stopped working. . .

Then Vista gives me a solution saying this. .
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">
    Download updates for a missing file. Install the package below and copy MSVCP71.dll to %systemroot%\System32

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...CF3A3&displaylang=en

This problem was caused by a missing file. Install the package below and copy MSVCP71.dll to %systemroot%\System32, which was created by Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.</span>

I have tried down loading this package but I don't know where to save and and what to do with it.

It's basically telling you to install Net Framework 1.1 I don't know if this will fix your problem or not though. I have a very similar problem but I'm running Windows XP Pro with Steam. So I'm updating net framework now, and I'm going to see if it fixes my problem too.

Fingers are crossed!!

grrrr... no dice. And steam support hasn't been much help so far either.