Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: DRM is official (5 installs) | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

I just got off the phone with an Ubisoft rep, and he told me explicitly that farcry 2 WILL have a limit of 5 activations on its drm. sry fellow pc players, looks like its time to get the 360/ps3 versions.

sry if this has been posted befor, i know that there have been lots of threads about if it has it or not, but i thought i would just share my first hand experience with you all.

Originally posted by bukowski113:
    Some DRM points that will hopefully answer some of your questions and will clarify some misunderstandings about our DRM and SecuROM:

- You have 5 activations per machine on 3 separate PCs.

- The 3 machine activations can be concurrent, but you must have the disc in the drive to run the game

- Uninstalling the game "refunds" an activation. This process is called "revoke", so as long as you complete proper uninstall you will be able to install the game an unlimited number of times on 3 systems.

- You can upgrade your computer as many time as you want (using our revoke system)

- Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

- Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you'll always be able to play Far Cry 2.
    Just hijacked this thread to make it the focal point of DRM discussion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    i dont know what a DRM is but im glad im getting the 360 ver. anyway after reading your post lol

Banned
    Yeah and those UBI reps probably know less than the technical support reps... I am trusting that one as an Official word from UBI!

Originally posted by Icecube1137:
    i dont know what a DRM is but im glad im getting the 360 ver. anyway after reading your post lol
    I have heard from another UBI Rep that the 360 version won't even let you start the game so... there!

sry fellow pc players, looks like its time to get the 360/ps3 versions.
    Not worried about a silly DRM. So get the watered down console version and play the the best fps of the year with a controller or play it maxed out in DX10 on a PC..with mouse and keyboard controls..hmmm tough choice.

Originally posted by OV3RS1GHT:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sry fellow pc players, looks like its time to get the 360/ps3 versions.
    Not worried about a silly DRM. So get the watered down console version and play the the best fps of the year with a controller or play it maxed out in DX10 on a PC..with mouse and keyboard controls..hmmm tough choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahhhhh yes, that sounds divine. but then again, so does getting the massive SecuROM middle Finger shoved up your dark place after you used up the activation limit.

[/sarcasm]

Lost in thought. Please send search party
    Originally posted by OV3RS1GHT:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sry fellow pc players, looks like its time to get the 360/ps3 versions.
    Not worried about a silly DRM. So get the watered down console version and play the the best fps of the year with a controller or play it maxed out in DX10 on a PC..with mouse and keyboard controls..hmmm tough choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watered down!? Sir I take offence to that remark!
    It's really not that different if you play it in hi-def so there

NOT SOLD!

Although only being able to install 5 times is rather crazy, I don't think I've ever installed a game more than once anyway, so I'm not too worried. I'd rather have it on a PC than on a console.

Originally posted by timebomb26:
    Although only being able to install 5 times is rather crazy, I don't think I've ever installed a game more than once anyway, so I'm not too worried. I'd rather have it on a PC than on a console.
    I have installed and re-installed COD, COD:UO and COD2 more times than I can remember (for example). Especially on my laptop. I uninstall some games to make space and re-install them when going to LAN Parties and the like.

Banned
    Originally posted by timebomb26:
    You do realise formatting/upgrading/etc your PC it costs as an activation right?

Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast