Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High tides is unbeatable | Forums

On the High tides level, the high tide comes in way to early and the tide never lets out enough to allow access to the island with the repel water totem. i have looked up walkthroughs and followed them perfectly, and this problem is persistant, the tide never goes out completely and the level is unbeatable, please fix it
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That's the point I ragequit myself, just now. I'm sure I could have done it in time if the mouse control wasn't so unresponsive, it probably works fine using a 360 controller.

I'm just not sure if I have the patience to plug mine in and try it, I'm sure another problem with this game would only appear within half an hour.
    -----
    You've got my £12 for 'From Dust', Ubisoft. I'm not going to try to get a refund, I am just going to consider it a "stupid tax" for putting any faith in you any more. I'm going to let that sting every time I consider buying another one of your

Yeah I can't get passed high tides either.

I made it after several tries. Key is to use Jelly watter (or just be quick between floods. i forgot) and quickly pass to totem on high ground. Establish Village and then move it as close as possible to the mountain edge next to totem in central regulary flooded valley. Then allow one guy to pass knowledge (that guys with wind dragon like things) to deliver it to starting village. Then when flood go out order to populate fooded central valley totem and when water starts rise, use jolly water to freeze floof for 50 seconds or so. Its about timing and if you are lucky you will create village and guy with dragon is fast enought to deliver repel water knowledge. Its good to rise ground way from slope to central totem as it can buys some time for dragon guy when jolly water worns off and flood starts rise again. After this use same tactics to reclaim last village or use Infinte Ground to make dams to prevent flood and make hill to rise up end level portal. If you are lucky and timing is fine, bingo.

I've been googling and found some walkthroughs (on youtube) and there seem to be 2 versions of the level, one which is hard but doable and one which is completely unbeatable, getting to the jelly water totem/repel water knowledge is absolutely impossible.

I've just spent about 4 hours on it and have just about given up, I really hope this will be fixed fast because I was quite enjoying the game thusfar (despite the control issues and not too great graphics).

derp'd.

Confused the levels, ignore this.

You're describing the wrong level bro. High tides has... tides. Not lava.

??? I beat it my first try, no problems at all

1. Wait for the tide to go out and start building a land bridge between the first two islands. Just raise it a bit, you don't need it to break the surface yet.

2. Once you've raised it a bit (tides will work against you ) wait for the tide to go out.

3. When the tide starts going out, click on the totem to start sending your guys across. You might give it a second so they don't get swept away trying to swim. Click on both the village and repel water, you send guys to both.

4. As soon as the land bridge is exposed, hit jellify water. In addition to the time that the water is frozen, when it reactivates its still going out. This gives you plenty of time for:

5. Your guys run across and get the village and repel water.

6. If you spend your time scooping out water around the bridge, you might even have time to get the guy with repel water back to your first village.

Once you have repel water the level is cake.

Originally posted by Applecrow:
    ??? I beat it my first try, no problems at all

1. Wait for the tide to go out and start building a land bridge between the first two islands. Just raise it a bit, you don't need it to break the surface yet.

2. Once you've raised it a bit (tides will work against you ) wait for the tide to go out.

3. When the tide starts going out, click on the totem to start sending your guys across. You might give it a second so they don't get swept away trying to swim. Click on both the village and repel water, you send guys to both.

4. As soon as the land bridge is exposed, hit jellify water. In addition to the time that the water is frozen, when it reactivates its still going out. This gives you plenty of time for:

5. Your guys run across and get the village and repel water.

6. If you spend your time scooping out water around the bridge, you might even have time to get the guy with repel water back to your first village.

Once you have repel water the level is cake.
    the problem is the tide never goes fully out, believe me i've tried making a bridge multiple times and the high tide always comes in before mod of the water has gone out from low tide, it never give me a chance to get my guys across

Same problem. I just gave up after hours of trying this level. I managed to get 2 people across, but that was it. I couldn't get them back across so it was pointless. The tide does go out to expose the bridge. I've made countless attempts at making a bridge but it just doesn't work. I was enjoying the game until this level. I watched the youtube videos but most of the are for xbox where this issue isn't a problem and the land bridge exposes normally. This has ruined it for me. This should have been tested and dealt with before the release.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast