Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best 2x2 faction combo | Forums

Banned
    Just curious to hear what everyone thinks is the best 2x2 faction combo.

I think it is the japs and britain. Totally dominates the air and can field a decent early harassment with combo's of light artillery, infantry, and light tanks. Mid to late game would be devastating.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Total war or 1945 game mode?
    -----------------------------------

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. - Sun Tzu

Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. - Sun Tzu

Originally posted by weedbazooka:
    Just curious to hear what everyone thinks is the best 2x2 faction combo.

I think it is the japs and britain. Totally dominates the air and can field a decent early harassment with combo's of light artillery, infantry, and light tanks. Mid to late game would be devastating.
    I see what you mean but the Japanese and the UK can both be weak in the early-game as the UK needs Archers or Hurricanes for AT, Spitfires for AA (as several fighters can take the Hurricane) and something for anti-infantry (although goodness knows what that is. Vickers?). The Japanese can also find it hard to cope with even a slightly varied force. Tanks + Infantry= Tanks obviously but AT + infantry they could find hard to deal with.

Anyway I love the UK and although UK-Japan can work I'd go with UK-Italy as Italy strike out quickly to send the opponents reeling so that the UK can build up. I think this can work in any mode.

Banned

Italy and Russia

Me and my friend do it... it causes some very quick games... also the two best nations to combat paratrooper rushes (which somepeople still try and do) carro veloce for the italians and strelki for the russians... no amount of paratroopers have withstood these counters

Highest Point Kill: 3400
    Highest Gun Kill: 1500
    Fastest Ext. Variety: 2:16

I would say UK + USSR.

USSR gets ground and can hold it with SU-100's, while UK gets air and supports. also the UK is able to throw in some sextons for killing AT and infantry to clear the way for the USSR
    -----------------------------------

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. - Sun Tzu

Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. - Sun Tzu

FRA+ITA.... FRA have advanced AT, cheap arty and SAU40.. ITA can go prototype base and spam P26/Breda90/35

Just from playing 2v2 with random people, I find that Germany and Japan work pretty well. UK and Russia are a nice combo too.

I notice I like USA and france, they have good combo with the Jackson and SAU40, then with some M16 its nearly unbeatable. But against randoms, everything works, cuz you will beat them anyway. If they have double france, you get double italy or something, you will probably still win.
    Ingame name: HeadAche01

Hail to the King

Japan is imbalanced to be honest as I'm sure most players have recognized by now and as such do not really belong in this discussion. I de-select DLC now when hosting games, I'm not interested in playing with Japan or against them.

On the subject of vanilla Ruse I would say the best 2v2 combo would be.... well there's 3 factions I consider 'power' factions: US, Germany, and France. So any combination of those 3 is strong.

UK and Russia are a little more specialized but strong nevertheless, when in the right hands.

Italy is weak in comparison and I wouldn't include them in any combination for a strong 2v2 team. There just isn't much they can do that every other faction can do better in most respects. Just the fact that whenever discussing Italy everyone brings up their Prototype base shows how lackluster their standard units really are. And this is why almost every other faction is going to be preferable to Italy, because you do not need other factions Proto units to make them competitive.

All that being said... real men go "Random" anyhow so ye it's kinda moot point for me.

"Love is the only fire that is hot enough to melt the iron obstinacy of a creatures' will”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RuseUnitViewer (Get IT!!!): http://ifile.it/zn7ji2qBrahmanfire Steam Page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991433019
    R.U.S.E. Shoutcast/Commentaries: http://www.youtube.com/user/RUSETFB
    R.U.S.E. Broadcasts:http://ruse.fulltimegeek.de/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast