Thread: Da Vinci Coordinates Interesting Finds | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Okay, if you haven't played Da Vinci Disappearance, you may not want to read on, but really there aren't much spoilers i believe.

When you finish the game, you get coordinates 43 39 19N, 75 27 42W and a trophy called "GPS".
    I went to google earth and typed it in, and it brings you to a crater of some sort, it's in Turin, NY.
    Then some people mentioned the Shroud of Turin, and how it was a piece of eden, so I decided to look into it.
    And I found my old book about unsolved mysteries and stuff - to find out more about it. What I found is rather interesting.

So I'll skip what most of you know, that it is supposedly a shroud that was placed on Jesus on his burial...after all, you can read it in wikipedia, I'll skip to the interesting part.

Now, recent tests proved that the shroud was made somewhere around 1200 to 1300.
    According to Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas, they think that the face on the shroud is of Jacques de Molay - Grand Templar Leader!

According to Knight and Lomas, Templars had other goals when they invaded the Solomon Temple, Templars were actually looking for some old documents or pergaments. Part of pergament found was taken by a Templar to France, on it there were masonic insignias five centuries before masons formed! And that those documents were actually the great treasure Templars found.

On the fall of Acre 1291 templars lost the fight and french stole the treasure, or so they tried.
    Just before Templars lost everything they sailed from France and vanished from history. (After Acre, Templars returned to France, but the king wanted to rob them)

At least one boat escaped to Scotland (One of the Temples was in Scotland, right?)and there William St. Clair build the chapel Roselin which was full with evidence that William was Templar. In the chapel, on some decorations there were images of corn and other plants which were only in America at the time, so it's hard to disagree that some of the boats escaped to America, half century before it was "discovered". But would Templars go on such dangerous trip not knowing what awaits? According to Knight and Lomas, one of the documents Templars found in Solomon Temple was a map New World.

Lomas and Knight found 10cm long picture hidden at the top of the stairs in Chapel in Scotland.
    On it there is a headless person holding a shroud with a face on it.
    Evidence suggest that it is indeed the shroud of Turin.
    They also think that the face is the Great Templar Master, not Jesus.
    Templar Master was tortured and crucified, after he under agonizing pain admitted of what they were accusing him of, then they stripped him down and rolled him into a shroud, he was sweaty and bloody which probably left the markings.

4 Centuries later, during French Revolution when Luis XVI ended on guillotine someone from the crowd yelled "Jacques de Molay is avenged!"

I placed a lot of effort into translating and finding all this, so please understand if there are any minor or major mistakes in translating.
    I know it's not a lot, but it all points to next Assassin Creed being during French Revolution.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

And all this was based on historical theories?

There's some stuff here that I didn't know. And some stuff that seems very interesting. I wonder, what was on those 'treasures' the Templars came for?

Actually, it is believed by some that the Shroud of Turin was forged by none other than Leonardo da Vinci!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nice find!!!

This is really interesting, it could explane some things.

Anyways I hope its going to be set during the French Revolution (could be nice game and interesting story), there is no other game set during this time period. But there are games set during the American Revolution.

Those coordinates tend to go together with the theories that the Templars were in the Americas long before Columbus (quite possibly a Templar himself). The coordinates are in the Northeast US which is home to the Newport Tower and also the general route to the coordinates of the Kensington Rune Stone discovery in Minnesota - don't forget the "Money Pit" which is just a bit further northeast.

Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
    Actually, it is believed by some that the Shroud of Turin was forged by none other than Leonardo da Vinci!
    Exactly, but they all cannot explain that if the shroud is proven to be made somewhere around 1200 and 1300 Leonardo wasn't born until 1400's...
    It could be possible that he draw it on a hundred year old shroud but the odds are low, they say that the pope Rodrigo made him do it.

Old news
    http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...erican_Revolution%3F

and there are many different myths and legends about the templars. wiki is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_legends

Knights Templar generally
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

but nothing new, if you have informed yourself about the templar knights before.

And german wiki has even 2 maps showing buildings owned by the 3 main orders of the crusades in the holy land and in europe generally, only for the templars.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...utremer-bis-1291.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...n_in_Europa_1300.png

Of course, I never said that this is exactly the "new news", I simply explored Shroud's connection with the game, and it has quite many of them, that's about it.