Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements at least 70 mb of available video | Forums

can someone please help me it wont even let me play the game because of that
    graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements at least 70 mb of available video memory required , only 62 mb detected
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It sounds as though your graphics card has only 64mb of onboard dedicated memory.
    What are the hardware details of your computer? could you post a dxdiag for us please.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

I'm getting this message.

"Graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements. At least 70 MB of available video memory required, only -1565 MB detected."

And yes it is detecting a negative amount of memory. My graphics card has ~1 GB of memory, I am running Vista 64 bit with 8GB Ram, the card is a xfx 9800gx2. Wanted to tryout the demo!

Perhaps there are some way to bypass the faulty detection.

Originally posted by deviateX:
    I'm getting this message.

"Graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements. At least 70 MB of available video memory required, only -1565 MB detected."

And yes it is detecting a negative amount of memory. My graphics card has ~1 GB of memory, I am running Vista 64 bit with 8GB Ram, the card is a xfx 9800gx2. Wanted to tryout the demo!

Perhaps there are some way to bypass the faulty detection.
    that bug got fixed before the retail came out but ubi never fixed it in the demo so you cant do anything to fix it. but it is only a problem with the demo and not the actual game.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

Originally posted by ttim2121:
    graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements at least 70 mb of available video memory required , only 62 mb detected

Settlers Moderator
    Originally posted by boss07:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ttim2121:
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????

I have just purchased the same game (the limited edition of "rise of an empire") and got the same error (70 MB of available video memory required, only 57 MB detected) - but i have 128MB PCIe(TM) x16 ATI Radeon(TM) X300 SE HyperMemory(TM) w/TV-Out and DVI in my PC. I have been told that this game should run on my PC - can someone please let me know what I need to do to sort it? I didn't have any probs with the Settlers II - 10th Ann edition.

The Hyper Memory ATI Radeon video cards, like the Nvidia "TurboCache" cards, use system ram to appear to have more video ram than they really have, a card that shows as having 128mb in Windows properties, will actually only have 64mb of ram on the card, and it uses another 64mb from the system ram, when a game or application needs it, to appear as a 128mb card.
    This would normally be ok, but Settlers 6 looks for the amount fitted to the card, and not how much is available, which is why it's reporting only 57mb detected, as the rest is in use to run Windows.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

Originally posted by BTOG46:
    The Hyper Memory ATI Radeon video cards, like the Nvidia "TurboCache" cards, use system ram to appear to have more video ram than they really have, a card that shows as having 128mb in Windows properties, will actually only have 64mb of ram on the card, and it uses another 64mb from the system ram, when a game or application needs it, to appear as a 128mb card.
    This would normally be ok, but Settlers 6 looks for the amount fitted to the card, and not how much is available, which is why it's reporting only 57mb detected, as the rest is in use to run Windows.

Any known solution to fix/solve that BTOG46??
    (Issue with the Actual game - not demo)

Okay - four and a half hours. I can't solve it myself (not a big surprise as i've learned more tonight basically the basics of video cards/drivers etc..)

Read all of Black Screen posts - good stuff. (took me a good 45minutes to figure out how to run dxdiag and get the full report like everyone else has).

Reduced windows perfermance and all that.

Tried to install the catalyst 8.5 wouldnt except.
    I have a Radeon 9200 - went to their site but no upgrades that i saw. You mentioned laptops don't get upgraded frequently, a problem.

I guess my problem will remain at not enough Video Graphics power at 128. Laptops suck when it comes to upgrades so im stuck with a welded graphics card.

Unless i can get some new information, (might not help anyways), about the AGP or BIOS?? - i'll just uninstall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast