Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can't get silent hunter 5 to start | Forums

why can't i start silent service 5? it keeps telling me about internet required, meanwhile i'm online.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by drogobl:
    why can't i start silent service 5?
    Whats silent service 5

i meant silent hunter 5, but that tends to happen when product names so close. (especialy when both are sub games lol)

the fact i screwed up the name don't change the fact that even tho i am obviously online i still get message about

"an internet connection is required to play this game. failed to connect to the ubisoft masterservers.please verify that your internet connection is functional and try again"

like i said its obviouse I AM on the internet

Hello drogobl,

Welcome to the SH Forum.

I had heard Silent Hunter 5 was coming out.
    Were you able to get the game going or are you still having problems?

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Originally posted by drogobl:
    i meant silent hunter 5, but that tends to happen when product names so close. (especialy when both are sub games lol)

the fact i screwed up the name don't change the fact that even tho i am obviously online i still get message about

"an internet connection is required to play this game. failed to connect to the ubisoft masterservers.please verify that your internet connection is functional and try again"

like i said its obviouse I AM on the internet
    Make sure it's not getting blocked by firewall, router, or any IP filters, peerblock, that sort of thing.

Same problem here. SH 5, Play SH5 and Ubisoft game launcher are on my winxp firewall exceptions, but it won´t help. "an internet connection is required to play this game. failed to connect to the ubisoft masterservers etc" appears and game won´t start. Internet works fine. Has someone resolved this?

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    I'm trying to track down port numbers that might be required to be open, but have any of you using a router getting this error tried setting the router into a DMZ? If, not try doing this, but only do this before entering the game and turn off DMZ once you're finished with the game since it will open you up to the internet entirely. Also, if any of you are able to connect directly into modem (bypassing the router) and try it, let me know if you get the same error.

Is Ubisoft serious?
    moving PC to a DMZ in order to get the DRM to work?
    that's like sayong you can buy a car form us but to get it to run you must first remove all safety features such as airbags, seat belts etc then push car downhill into oncoming traffic... then it may work!
    that is a f*****g joke Ubisoft.
    ''...the Gun speaks...'' Andreas Baader

I have the same problem, I could play the game fine 2 hours ago, but now it keeps giving me the internet error, shut down firewall and all, still not working....

I'm having problems too. I could play last night but this morning I turn the game on and when I press "continue campaign" it tries to load then just before it puts me in the game a box shows up saying

"The internet connection experiences problems and the current game session was saved. Please wait until the internet connection is restored or press OK button to return to the main menu"

Any idea what is going on? I've tried loading old saves and that doesn't work either!

I don't understand why this game couldn't just be like all the other ones I have were no internet is required, its the stupidest idea ever!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast