Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: flaws ive seen in the convictions videos | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Originally posted by Stealth_chill:
    these are the things ive seen in the convictions videos that make me lol and wonder what where they thinking!?

1) the hoodie. Why does sam think that him wearing a hoodie is going to make him less suspicious. well if your in washington with your hood up just walking around weirdly they are going after you. a hoodie is a terrible hiding place
    So what, now everybody that puts on a hoodie is a wanted man? It does not make you more suspicious, period. Thousands upon thousands of people wear hoodies every day in D.C when its cold. They are inexpensive, warm, and very very common. I wear hoodies all the time in the winter and nobody gives me a second look. This whole "hoodies are for criminals" argument is ridiculous. As for the rest of the points you tried to make, they dont hold water either. But Ive got two words for you, EARLY BUILD!
    BRING BACK THE STRAIGHT BLADE!!!

Bringing back the knife was a great decision. Now lets improve on an already great idea. Here are some places to start:

http://www.sayoctactical.com
    http://www.ptk-smf.com
    http://shivworks.com
    http://youtu.be/j0hJseV0JAo
    http://youtu.be/OfO_ZCXNsCA

If you have questions, ask me
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Yeah, the current videos are crud (same goes for the level itself), but it's still too early to totally snap. Right now, I'd like to see other levels, better levels, less crowded levels, rather than try to point out all the flaws I can find in the early videos of the park level. It just looks like a boring level, anyway. We need more of this game than THAT. Hm. Something solid. I don't know why they decided to go with that one.

Banned
    Originally posted by simulacra:
    Nobody even knows if it's screwed up or not!
    I can say that it will be screwed up for me, because it doesn't meet the requirements I have got for a splinter cell game.

When was the COMPLETE layout of the controllers revealed?
    They've stated the three button gameplay (active, passive, grab) in several videos, "just like in a sports game", some producer said in a video...

Originally posted by SilentAce07:
    Your post lost all relevance when you mentioned that you "heard" that its like frogger...

Who said that? Your inside source? Our an interview with a dev? Because Id say thats something you made up, because nothing shown or talked about even relates to frogger. At all...
    If you've been following the video's SilentAce07 a developer says, the game is similar to frogger in some aspects *shrugs*. I agree with alot that stealth_chill has said. In our Modern day, dressing up like Sam Fisher is more likely to get you into trouble then not. For example, alot of crime is comitted by those who wear hoodies, to hide their faces from CCTV. Infact there was a robbery at the local shop here yesterday at gun point by guys in hoodies, and alot of crime in general is done by guys in hoodies. Innocent people who wear hoodies get labeled as criminals, and thus get checked by police quite oftern.

I don't get how Sam is mean't to be inconspicious by standing by stranger, which does the opposite but makes him look suspicious. Since terrorist attacks have taken place alot, even in the game, more people are looking out for their fellow country men and women, Sam fisher sticks out like a sore thumb. I also like how every single AI stares at you till you leave their field of view the lynx effect maybe? The same happens on Chaos Theory, you have the lights out and it's pitch black, you put Night vision on, and be upside down on a pipe and the AI looks directly up at you but for some reason doesn't acknowledge you, and even says "ah must be nothing" something which never happens on tenchu. I really hope they fix that. but to be honest thats such a small issue when presented with the game in it's current format.

The three button layout Burningdeath talks about is discussed in this Video.

lolololol jesus, i have to laugh,

Firstly stealth, the videos are released to give the gamers this lil thing called a TASTER!!! thats all.

secondly, how about you try and follow the story line, At the begining of DA sam looses his daughter, you are told he basicaly looses the plot, so why should a man that no longer has a reason to care worry about something like shaving or even taking care of himself.

tell you what, have a kid, watch them grow up, loose them and lets see how well you would cope!!!!

i think its a good idea to actually put more of a story line into the SC games cause to be honest, theres only so much staying in the shadows i can take

secondly, how about you try and follow the story line, At the begining of DA sam looses his daughter, you are told he basicaly looses the plot, so why should a man that no longer has a reason to care worry about something like shaving or even taking care of himself.
    If he has no motivation like you say there and I keep saying, Sam would eat the bullet without hesitation. Ubisoft made the relationship with Sam and his daughter feel insignificant to the gamers a 5 second clip of a car coming, so to many it's no loss, because they didn't delve into it or explain the emotion Sam went through with her death. It didn't make him a darker persona, he felt weak and broken, (Insert Pantera - I'm Broken tune here) you just find yourself in prision with a string thread storyline, which had numerous plot holes.

The developers are there to give teasers and hype the game up. But from my perspective who has played all the games so far it doesn't fill me and others with confidence, mentioning frogger and a control system like a football game?! Also they point where they say the game is very linear, with how things are designed on levels like the propane cans are an obvious diversion etc.. If they're double guessing themselves and contradicting their own game design what faith are we mean't to have, seriously?

Originally posted by BurningDeath.:
    They've stated the three button gameplay (active, passive, grab) in several videos, "just like in a sports game", some producer said in a video...
    True, but the same developer (Raphael Parent) also said that they'll probably add more buttons to it and that the demo which was shown at the Ubi Days used an early build - pre alpha of the engine.
    My Blog | Guidelines | Vth_F | W[N]M | [url=htt

Banned
    Originally posted by simulacra:
    Nobody even knows if it's screwed up or not!
    And when did the demo come out? When was the COMPLETE layout of the controllers revealed?

I must be the only one that dont see the meaning of posting negativity, I can NOT get my head around that, the devs are just gonna shut the door on the forum even more, and might start listening less to the community managers.
    "Ok rhoulette, what have you got for us today? the usual bickering and venting about us doing what the heck we want to with our own franchise?, you can file it in the recycleable waste-bin over there"
    1st off, what is a conversation that is one sided, where does it get w/o two opinions? Positive and negative opinions create constructive crticism when the the nay sayers are mature at the least.

According to this thread writing I haven't seen too much immature negativity. And who are you to say what we are for having an opinion *******.

The devs wont change the game, FACT.
    Suck it up...
    They can and should change the game, it is indeed possible. Remember back when the pc community asked and petitioned for svm with only a few months before release and guess what, they got svm...

Right about now frogger is looking better than splinter cell, sad right? Walking through a crowd like I can do everyday of my life anytime that I want to, will get pretty stupid.

How about you all shut up? They won't read the forums and they won't take your suggestions. Sure, they'll change every single thing because they need something new, but even if it sucks, they don't care. They don't care about you anymore!! They WILL make the game suck whether you like it or not. They WILL change everything even though they know it will ruin the game's title forever. So why bother posting about what you want/don't want?
    -------------
    Freeda Peeple

Banned
    I don't know, why did you even bother about posting about 5000 times in this forum?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast