Since the game takes place in one giant city, the missions could be branching. Each portion of the city could have it's own objectives.
When you complete a mission, that portion of the city is done, and it becomes a friendy Zone where you can re-arm and heal up for the next outing.
You then have to fight your way to another part of the city which will trigger other missions.
If you enter a mission triggering area from the north, that means your starting point is the north. The same thing goes for the south, east west, etc etc. You choose how to engage.
Tasks in between missions could unlock stuff like the original GR. Maybe relieving U.N. troops or rescuing hostages etc etc.
This is the next Generation console and GTA San Andreas is able to make a large city on the PS2. So I know It's possible with the XBOX 360.
>>>>MY WISH LIST<<<<
1. BLOOD - I want to see blood so I will be able to know where exactly someone is hit, and head shots would be alot more satisfying, unlike GR2.
2. MEDICS - I would like to see medics in the multiplayer portion of the game. For the snipers out there, this would be a blessing. The enemy will try tend to the wounds of their fallen comrade who is bleeding to death in the open, He was hit by a sniper in the leg which was the plan all along huh? BANG...another man goes down as he tries to tend to the wound.
3. ATC - I would like to see an Advanced Tactical Center created for GR3. I konw UBI doesn't do that part, but I thought I'd add it.
4. SILENCED WEAPONS - I would love to be able to pick an enemy off without giving away my location.
5. MAX PLAYER INCREASE - Since this game is being developed on a next gen console, I think it would be possible to upgrade the maximum amount of players from sixteen.
5. 3RD PERSON VIEW - I know alot of people hate it, but I love it. It adds more to the game when you can see your character in action. The traditional FPS view looked like they were just running around holding a video camera.
6. SNIPER LOCATIONS - I hope the building in Mexico have interiors because north Korea's don't. I would like to go to the roof top or high window and snipe an enemy crossing the street.
7. NO LINEAR MISSIONS - Considering the fact that the entire campaign is in urban settings. I hope the designers don't create road blocks after road blocks just so we will follow a certain direction.