Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Crytek, you guys are great! | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Well after browsing around the net i thought to myself. Hey, what about Half-life 2's HDRL Source lighting thingy. I was surprised to see that FarCry had now had HDR implemented!

I was like... "OMG, This is cool!"

downloaded 1.31...

So i scraped the dust off my Farcry box and opened it. then put the Farcry disk in it loaded up and then loaded up Research. I typed in the commands, upped the graphics settings, then restarted Farcry. Loaded research again and then something happened. Somthing that changed the was i looked at games. I was shocked! I looked at my moniter and my whole gaming career flashed before my eyes. I started to think about pac-man, Sonic and every game i played. Games are now at a point where photo realistic graphics are now able to be presented and I have to hand it to you Crytek, you guys are great.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by MartinEvans:
    Well after browsing around the net i thought to myself. Hey, what about Half-life 2's HDRL Source lighting thingy. I was surprised to see that FarCry had now had HDR implemented!

I was like... "OMG, This is cool!"

downloaded 1.31...

So i scraped the dust off my Farcry box and opened it. then put the Farcry disk in it loaded up and then loaded up Research. I typed in the commands, upped the graphics settings, then restarted Farcry. Loaded research again and then something happened. Somthing that changed the was i looked at games. I was shocked! I looked at my moniter and my whole gaming career flashed before my eyes. I started to think about pac-man, Sonic and every game i played. Games are now at a point where photo realistic graphics are now able to be presented and I have to hand it to you Crytek, you guys are great.

That is a pretty awsome shot. What are the specs of the computer you are running it on?

Are you running at 1600x1200 with hdr... OMG .... SLI?

You are not wrong about HDR. I believe the most important letter in that is D. The dynamic element cannot be shown in a screenshot and the people without a 6xxx series card truely do not know what they are missing out on(unless they were lucky enough to see one of docs videos).

This feature is the future and beautiful screenshots do not show just how important this is . AA/AF is now here at high res with the x800xt cards and HDR will make those textures glow with vibrant life in the future.With the future implementation of their HDR of course ,i know farcry has no ATI hdr and is not likely to have it either.

Crytek got this out to the public first and valve will follow shortly with an add on level to HL2 called the "lost coast" . They have said it is for only the upper range of high end pc's and not what implementation of HDR it will use so we will have to see how it looks. TBH i can't wait as i want to see hdr on the higher res textures that HL2 uses and how it effects performance. I am not knocking farcry with this post as i was imply astonished by HDR in this game.

Far cry has sweet HDR support. They have for time now.

Don't forget to up the E_vegatation sprite view distance to 100 it renders all the trees in the distance not just 2D models.

Enjoy

IC7-G AdvancedII/2.8e@3.5
    Corsair 5:4 XMS PC3200-LLPT 2-3-2-6
    BFG 6800GTOC 420/1120 Fw-76.41

Originally posted by hazards32:
    Crytek got this out to the public first and valve will follow shortly with an add on level to HL2 called the "lost coast".
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has HDR for cards that support SM3.0.

Live for Speed | TrackMania!! | [url=http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/ageia_physx.html]The Unofficial AGEIA PhysX Links & Info

Hehe. HDR is so leet. Oh, some cell phone cameras adjust their built-in brightness according to what it's looking at. So, put your finger in front of one, then take it off and it goes all glowy and HDR-y.

I wonder if Crytek is going to release another HDR feature that's less intensive, though. I have a 6600GT.

I never added patch 1.31, only 1.3. I didn't because i was lead to believe it was only fixes/updates for online play, and i only play SP. Am i wrong here? Is there a benefit to 1.31 over 1.3 for SP?

Thanks, thats what i thought. But the thread starter sounded as tho he was saying 1.31 made FC look better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast