Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just watched an amazing u-boat movie | Forums

the name of the movie is "In Enemy Hands". Amazing movie.b I suggest you see it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1000...n_enemy_hands/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

not a bad movie..try Das Boot...there is no sub movie to be compared with this one...
    there are good movies on modern subs...Hunt for the red october and K19 the widowmaker...try these...

Hmmm, is it about WWII or not?? The picture on the DVD cover shows a modern boat. The text mentions it is set in WWII. I'm confrused.

BTW how long is original Das Boot uncut. On Amazon.com its 293 min. Directors Cut is 209 min. I think original was about 6 hrs. or 360 min.

yeah it's WWII. I think the cover boat might be the U.S. boat swordfish?which is in the movie. But is was a good movie,only thing that threw me off was that they where firing torpedos at 160mtrs...?

Originally posted by Schmidt101:
    BTW how long is original Das Boot uncut.
    Mine is 293 mintues.

Yeah i watched "In Enemy Hands" a few days ago and was pleasantly suprised. Except from the submerched fighting between subs it was pretty authentic i think and i liked the german costumes and actors alot. I watched U-571 after that and it was much worse.

Originally posted by jasaund7089:
    the name of the movie is "In Enemy Hands". Amazing movie.b I suggest you see it.
    That's one movie I have yet to see. Thanks for the heads-up, jasaund. I'll check that one out.

Das Boot's mini-series was 5.5 hours. Though maybe due the way that video is run at a slower speed in NTSC regions I think (something like that anyway) it might be 6 hours in some versions. The longer something goes on for, the higher amount of time that'll be added, half an hour for 5.5 hours doesn't seem too outrageous.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!

Regarding Das Boot's mini-series version:

Are the same actors used? In other words, is it an extended version of the movie, or a whole different cast, et cetera?

Is it available on DVD? I recently bought the shorter movie-length version, and would love to get a copy of the mini-series version if it's obtainable in DVD.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast