Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For pitty's sake people, LEARN SOME PATIENCE! | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Alright, so I come to this forum in search of help with Hammer not having the correct configuration (or any as of yet) for DM: M&M, and all I see is a bunch of sniveling little 3 year olds who don't have what's called 'patience'.
    Let me explain;
    Arkane made a few mistakes in the handling of the graphics in the game, and that caused a small amount of people to not be able to play. Then, these said people decide to, like arrogant children, uproar in a frenzy on the official forums because they aren't getting what they want. I understand that the game costs a lot, but this is pathetic.
    Now, let me explain why their actions are unjustified. Arkane is working hard to fix these said mistakes, as it takes a lot of time, and they have several other games to focus on as well. These people decide to yell in Arkane's face, demanding their money back when we all know damn well that the internet exists for a reason; To deliver vast amounts of information (game data included) in order to continually update the world in current progress. The ranting people fail to realize this and complain even louder. What they don't realize is they are sitting right on top of their answer, or rather USING their answer to rant. All it takes is a little waiting and reporting back to Arkane what happens with each patch in a mature manner. All you need to do is wait, the patches and fixes will be delivered slowly but surely.

I came here to look for help, not listen to some 10 year old kid who can't get his game to work yell at a big company.

Sorry about the rant, but its 5:30 in the morning and I've been looking for the solution to my own problem all night. I even tried to fix it myself... but to no avail. However, I still stand strongly by my points as to why the people demanding their money back are unjustified.

Simply put; if you have the internet, you have no right to complain.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect the person who can kindly report their issues in a civilized manner. thats what a tech help forum should be.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    and that caused a small amount of people to not be able to play.
    Oh boy ... not a "small amount" of people but the 90% of people who bought this game

All you need to do is wait, the patches and fixes will be delivered slowly but surely.
    Aha .. wait? Maybe you can wait ...

but when i buy a computer game i dont want to wait 2 or more weeks to play it u know?! A Game that is released should be run fine and without problmes. When i have to wait for a patch to play it the developers should it print on the manual or smth. else. Sry but this is true Oo ..

greetz

The problem is, your posting this won't change anything about the complainers' behaviour.

It's better not to waste your time getting upset and just live with it.

Why would you suggest that the customers show patience when dealing with a faulty game, when all along, the patience should have been on Ubi's part by ironing out all of the bugs before releasing an advertised finished product? When I spend my money on a game, I expect it to be finished. I do not expect to have to wait weeks upon weeks for the developers to fix the bugs that should have been handled upon release.

uproar in a frenzy on the official forums because they aren't getting what they want
    It isn't about getting what we want, it is about getting what we paid for. I didn't pay for a beta version of a game, I paid for the finished version. Give me the finished version, and give it to me now, or do not expect my further purchases of ubisoft games. It is as simple as that.

Arkane is working hard to fix these said mistakes, as it takes a lot of time, and they have several other games to focus on as well
    Again, it comes back to what we, the customers, paid for. I don't care how many games they are working on, that is not important. What is important is fixing the games that they have released. They already have our money, by putting off fixing our problems so that they can work on other projects, just shows that they are not a company that is deserving of getting my hard earned money.

To side with the company releasing a faulty product is what is pathetic imo.

Originally posted by chaofan:
    Alright, so I come to this forum in search of help with Hammer not having the correct configuration (or any as of yet) for DM: M&M, and all I see is a bunch of sniveling little 3 year olds who don't have what's called 'patience'.
    Let me explain;
    Arkane made a few mistakes in the handling of the graphics in the game, and that caused a small amount of people to not be able to play. Then, these said people decide to, like arrogant children, uproar in a frenzy on the official forums because they aren't getting what they want. I understand that the game costs a lot, but this is pathetic.
    Now, let me explain why their actions are unjustified. Arkane is working hard to fix these said mistakes, as it takes a lot of time, and they have several other games to focus on as well. These people decide to yell in Arkane's face, demanding their money back when we all know damn well that the internet exists for a reason; To deliver vast amounts of information (game data included) in order to continually update the world in current progress. The ranting people fail to realize this and complain even louder. What they don't realize is they are sitting right on top of their answer, or rather USING their answer to rant. All it takes is a little waiting and reporting back to Arkane what happens with each patch in a mature manner. All you need to do is wait, the patches and fixes will be delivered slowly but surely.

I came here to look for help, not listen to some 10 year old kid who can't get his game to work yell at a big company.

Sorry about the rant, but its 5:30 in the morning and I've been looking for the solution to my own problem all night. I even tried to fix it myself... but to no avail. However, I still stand strongly by my points as to why the people demanding their money back are unjustified.

Simply put; if you have the internet, you have no right to complain.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect the person who can kindly report their issues in a civilized manner. thats what a tech help forum should be.
    Ok chaofan let me set you straight on a couple of things.. I've come here in the past to complain and I can tell you I'm not a sniveling 12 year old.. I'm a mature 29 year old in fact.. A lot of the points I was going to make have already been said by the above poster.. So I will just say this... The fact that you come here to find a solution to your problem only to find loads of complaint threads should indicate to you that the MAJORITY of people CAN NOT actually PLAY.. Therefore, the solution you are looking for doesn't exist because only a small amount of people can actually play the game.

Go troll somewhere else why don't you.

This is like watching the jeramy kyle show (sorry for the bad spelling ) but more like reading it.

lol..have some patience? that's what I've had since the game was released over 2 weeks ago....you people just don't get it...you get now, you havent had to wait so long for it to work or anything, you havent tried a countless number of things to get the game working, and if you say you have, then you're lying, otherwise you'd be very angry like the rest of us.

Go away...you're being annoying..you really are.

Ok ok, I'm sorry you guys. I thought I had done enough research before I complained about the complainers, and I was really agitated and cranky at the time. So I take full blame for the ignorance and immaturity.

All I was saying is, instead of *****ing ubi/arkane out, just simply explain your situation and wait. I've been waiting for twilight princess for 2 years now.

Also, how is the game faulty if I'm running it?

SPECS:
    DELL dimension 3000
    Nvidia FX 5500 by PNY
    1.0GB RAM (my bro can play on 512 ram)
    80GB HDD (Not sure how to check the speed)
    All graphics settings are at low for maximum performance.

Imagine halo 3 coming out and 90% of people not being able to play it. Ubi is getting off easy in my opinion. If a lawsuit was filed, the prosecution would have a very good chance of winning. An amount of pissed off is acceptable when you wait 2 years for a game and it doesn't bloody work.

If you want to blame anyone, it should be the one's who fund these projects. The publishers, the one's who plough the money into these things. At the end of the day it's buisness! Who cares if the consumers get what was promised (OR NOT!) After spending so much money, they wanna see a return. A deadline for software release's gives them a projection for the future. Good marketing and a WORKING demo led us all to buy the game within a few days of it's release unaware of its state! The funding party's are probably in profit when you consider how many copies sold within the first few days. Nether the less its the developers who are the scape goats and feel the brunt of the anger from the community. We are not the only one's who got the SH**Y end of the stick! That said, I'm still P****D at the fact that two weeks have passed without playing this damn thing, may as well have come round in person and took the cash straight from my wallet!

P.S Sorry if it sounded harsh, just don't like spending money on old rope??? 1 out of 10, great stuff!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast