Thread: About my graphics card | Forums

No, this isn't another newbie asking will my graphics card work?

On the GRAW rating system I got well past the minimum but no recomended, it said I need 256 MB RAM on the card, with that I should be able to jump my performance by alot. But well heck why not buy another GEFORCE 6600 but this time with 256 MB RAM instead of 128 MB RAM (just kidding). I mean, yeah those 7800s look really cool and I could buy one, but hey man that ain't in my budget

So my question is, is there anyway to buy an individual part with 256 MB RAM and do an add on to my graphics card sort of thing?

I know there are some computer techs. out there that can answer this question

Thanks for your help!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

No, this isn't another newbie asking will my graphics card work?

On the GRAW rating system I got well past the minimum but no recomended, it said I need 256 MB RAM on the card, with that I should be able to jump my performance by alot. But well heck why not buy another GEFORCE 6600 but this time with 256 MB RAM instead of 128 MB RAM (just kidding). I mean, yeah those 7800s look really cool and I could buy one, but hey man that ain't in my budget

So my question is, is there anyway to buy an individual part with 256 MB RAM and do an add on to my graphics card sort of thing?

I know there are some computer techs. out there that can answer this question

Thanks for your help!

Yeah well... i got some bad news... there are no "add-ons" for video card ram. unless you want to play GRAW with full graphics dont really worry 128 is fine. If u want full graphics buying a new graphics card is often your best bet...but we all know how it starts with a graphics card...than a power supply...then a case...then a motherboard and your looking at a brand new computer lol. Good Luck

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

You can change your aperture settings in your bios to allocate some of your PC memory to your gfx.