02-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Story wasn't as good as before, but much better then Brotherhood was
I loved almost all the added gameplay mechanics, Desmond's journey was good, if not a bit short
However, the missions were a bit too simplistic (eg you couldn't complete a mission in x different ways) , and I expected a lot more of the altaïr missions
Music and environment was almost perfect =)
02-13-2012, 11:08 PM
anyone else want a side mission dlc package?
2 faction missions and 0 contracts was a bit disappointing
02-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Me. This game needs more side missions.
Originally Posted by naran6142
02-18-2012, 06:29 AM
WOOOOOO saw ubisofts facebook say the new one is on the way out of everything in the entire franchise that i would like to see is
actual characters models/ because desmonds *** impodes when you open a tresure cheast/ and hpoefully you can fix the clothes clinging
free jump- this is the only game where you cannot change direction n mid air or he only game where you prees the jump ****on do you jump to the edge of the roof rather across it (prototype or uncharted)
new engine- i know it sounds pretty harsh but its old and anoying
i think that just adding these would make a lot more people happy espically new comers that dont know the controlls and cant, use them properly.. other then that great work ubisoft dont stop the ac franchise but you should also make changes
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
What to say about ACR... It's great:D a few little niggles however.
My opinion on the new things added and slight improvements.
1) bombs. Brilliant. They are so versatile its not even funny. Poison bombs are hilarious, getting a massive group together to do a little dance before they die is great:D you are never forced to use them. That is a pro in its itself, don't like it then don't used it. But it's not REALLY 300 different types of bombs is it:/ there are about 20 effects, but the other 280 are just those effects in different shells with different gun powder. And I never seem to have enough of the strongest powder(British?). I know it can be bought, but it's kinda expensive.
2) the hook blade. Well, it definitely speeds up travel. You can (literally) throw yourself up a tall building in mere seconds. It feels quite satisfying as well. In combat it's fun to see the different kill animations, especially the throw. The hook and run is useful, at times. When I first heard about it, I thought about how easy it would get past guard blockades- when they line across the street with weapons drawn. But I've only used once for this purpose, because they are extremely rare in ACR.
3) den defense. Simple: I dislike it. It's not assassins creed. Honestly I would prefer to be on the ground fighting with my sword than on a rooftop telling other people to kill them. 4) Templar towers are a nice return. I enjoyed them in ACB so was happy to see them again. Same with the economics system. The tower had to be dealt with, because otherwise it is near impossible to get through an area under Templar control. It gives a sense of need to control the city if your gonna make progress which is nice.
5) The assassins. They have been given a total revamp. It's good to see. Calling on them is vital. Many times I would find myself surrounded by janniseries( sorry, my Turkish is weak- the guys with the facemask) and my only hope is to call on my guild. The assassin missions are nice, and it's interesting to see that you have included the Templar agent missions from ACB in these sequences. It feels very organic.
6) finally combat. Not much here, it's the same as its always been... It's is fantastic. It's satisifying, yet challenging with the new guard archetypes.
Some more random things:
Story is good, if a little disjointed at the beginning. It hits its stride around sequence 3. Storytelling overall is improved, not as many plot holes as previous installments. Desmond is left to fester in the background as usual, which is kinda disappointing. Wishing to see him in a game which has our main character in more than 3 cutscenes... Hint hint, AC3. The Desmond sequences are different, but good different. A nice change of pace. Not much is revealed about Desmond we don't already know however, just a few small gaps in his story are filled. And the Altair sequences. They were a good inclusion. Nice to see a return to him again. Graphics are nice. One problem, Ezio's eyes? Is it only me but do they look horrible under the new graphic engine. Also, the game felt short on side missions. Shame, cause it added real depth to the previous game. And those bloody dynamic missions. How many different types are there?! Because I've done maybe 12, and 9 of them were the same one. I've only seen 2 types of these missions.
Thats all I wanted to say really. In short, this is better than brotherhood, but not much. It's a nice send off to Ezio and Altair, and a nice opening for AC3 to finish to this story arc. If your an avid fan of the series, you should pick it up. If you didn't enjoy brotherhood, chances are you won't like this.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
anyone know anything about this new singleplayer dlc for ACR called Lost Archive?
02-22-2012, 02:08 AM
I finished the game last night and I collected all the animus fragments this afternoon.
Here's what I'm disappointed about: I thought that collecting the 100 fragments was necessary in order to see all Desmond Memories because two more portal/pillars seemed to be closed. Now, I realize I lost half a day looking for stupid fragments, for nothing. If only I had known (can I write that?) I didn't need more than 30 or 40 fragments in order to see all the memories, it would have been better.
Otherwise, I think the Desmond Memories levels are superb! I was really excited to play each of them and I thought that the gameplay element / level design always represented the story. Really great level design!
I didn't like AC:B because I got lost trying to complete all the secondary quests. This time, with AC:R I rushed through the main missions and I preferred that; the experience was more engaging and funnier.
I don't really think I'll spend more time building the guild, buying better weapons/armor (anyway, I got cool stuff because I trained all my Master Assassins), buying merchants, etc. In fact, I think I won't play the game anymore.
I probably should have wait longer and paid the game 30$ or something, because even if I bought the game with a 35% rebate + 10$ off (25% + employee rebate + gift certificate), I still think it was expensive... I only care about the story. That's why the first AC is my favorite. It was so simple, yet the essential was there.
100% completion is behind me... I guess I getting too old for this. (Never really been that much of a completionist anyway.)
Last edited by P_Morin90; 02-22-2012 at 02:16 AM.
02-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I only miss the ride , i like very much the game and nothing to complain realy !
I only miss the ride , i like very much the game and nothing to complain realy ! please mae sure that next time there will be the ride please !!!!!! sry for my english .
02-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Which ride? You mean the horse? O.o
Originally Posted by Yuzza
02-25-2012, 01:29 AM
I wish the combat was a sick as the trailer. That's about it. I expected a bit more a such an epic trailer- ACIII DON'T DISAPPOINT ME!!