Thread: OT: Oops! Paratroopers Miss Drop Zone and Land in Jail | Forums

Some unidentified American paratroopers missed their target, an airport, and landed on the grounds of a prison. Luckily the armed guards at the jail didn't suspect a breakout and fire on them!

Don't shoot, we're Americans!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Some unidentified American paratroopers missed their target, an airport, and landed on the grounds of a prison. Luckily the armed guards at the jail didn't suspect a breakout and fire on them!

Don't shoot, we're Americans!!!

DOH!! It reminds me of a scenne in The Longest day when the British Paras land in the Genrals HQ by acident.
    LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF ALL WHO THREATEN IT.

Looooooooooooooooooool

I bet this was part of the training for Operation Braunschweiger.

Somehow this reminds me of those Fallschirmjägers who got stuck in some trees at night and had to be rescued by a civilian

"I heard a loud noise, walked into the garden and wondered why i could hear voices coming from the top of my neighbours trees"

"As i came closer, the trees started talking to me"

Check youtube on this

"That one over there" - Oswald Boelcke pointing at Manfred von Richthofen after having been asked who of the rookies shows most of whats required to become a great fighter pilot.

Post Capitalistic Apartment, Northern Virginia with FW 190A-5 Hanger
    Figures ...SF troops with too much playtime on their hands. Their attention to detail slips and they fail to confirm the right Drop Zone. How hard can that be on a clear day in Colorado???

This reminds me of a Jump we once had back in 1989 (call it the pre-lude to OPERATION BRAUNSCHWEIGER ). The Silent O's Airborne Task Force was "invited" to the Great White North (it was Fall Actually) in GageTown NB, Canada.

We actually airlanded first at the Fredrickton Airport in our C-141 and then rigged into our parachutes right inside the terminal...in front of all the civilian travellers. Needless to say we got a lot of questions from everybody as we rigged up. But we maintained our Operational Security

Then we took a short, and I mean short flight over to the Gagetown training area where I exited the aircraft and promptly landed in a large bush...I have a habit of landing in the one tree or bush on an entire dropzone. So after untangling my parachute and becoming one with the good Canadian Earth (caked with mud all over) we were treated to a huge lunch in the Officer's mess, where we were served by beautiful canadian women who wore petticoat dresses. Neat, We didn't expect such service from the 'conquered'

Poor "O" what are going to do with you?
    LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF ALL WHO THREATEN IT.

You search for "airborne" and what do you get ?

Bang-Boom-City !

The "O" 's comerades jump down to Grafenwöhr

Grafenwöhr jump

Hmmm... i cant say who is playing against who here but........hall football is not a sport for men

Could be some school teams
    Hall football in Grafenwöhr

And look what also comes to light when you search for Grafenwöhr

Bang !

"That one over there" - Oswald Boelcke pointing at Manfred von Richthofen after having been asked who of the rookies shows most of whats required to become a great fighter pilot.

Very amusing story. But I can think of worse places to land though, at least the prison guards managed the situation well.

I think this belongs in here aswell

Down to Grafenwöhr