Like CFischer83 in another thread I'm feeling nostalgic and would like to play Riven (or MME) again. I have a new Dell Mini 9 (netbook) which does NOT come with a CD or DVD player, but I have a USB player to use with.
My question...Is it possible to install the entire game onto the computer and play without the disk? The USB player is almost bigger than the netbook, and I don't plan on carrying it with me when I travel...so being able to play Riven without the disk is important.
oh btw...here's the basic specs for the Mini, in case you want to know...
- Intel® AtomTM Processor (1.6GHz, 512KB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
- 1GB2 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Chipset: Intel® 945PM / GS Express Chipset
- Graphics: Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- Resolution: 1024 X 600 (on 8.9" screen)
- OS: Windows® XP Home Edition SP3
OK, apparently I posted this in the wrong forum...should be in the Riven tech forum, versus Myst/RealMyst. Well, this question applies to any of the 10th Anniversary games...