was just wondering who else loves the WWII theme in games, like COD 1,2,..., board games like Axis&Allies etc etc..movies, series, cardgames.
Two years ago my wife and me with a good friend of mine and his wife we went for a two week holiday at Normandy, france. Sightseeing every town/beach, point of interest that has the WWII theme on it. Just to get a good picture what happened here, besides seeing it on TV back home.
It was...very impressive. Normandy is like one big open musea under the bright sky and blazing sun.
1. Pont Du Hoc, with the amazing heroic story of allied troops
2. St. Mere Eglise, where the para is snared at the Church tower (A wwII para doll is still hanging there at the tower)
3. Deadman corner, where a tank was blown up with a allied soldier (i believe it was the tankcommander) hanging out of his tank at the corner of a Y-spitting crosspoint, and in the Y the house that was first Axis, then Allied then Axis and then again under allied control.
4. etc etc...like the beaches
5. The many many memorials scattered over Normandy...
But the one thing that impressed us the most were the thousands and thousand deaths and the many many many graveyards scattered in Normandy. Germans soldiers, some of the age of 16 and 15 y/o, the thousands white crosses for the soldiers who stormed the beaches, Resting in Peace at the USA memorial, the stories that were told by the survivors, all of them heroic tales. Living in Peace and harmony is such underrated if you see all that.
So have you been to Normandy, France? And what impressed you the most?
if you reply, please stay clear of any political statements and current world situations.