Thread: Help with Start Force | Forums

I just purchased and installed the game from the 5 CDs. I can't get past the StarForce message to enter some sort of a key. Frankly I am very flustered at this. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by santa_____sing:
    I just purchased and installed the game from the 5 CDs. I can't get past the StarForce message to enter some sort of a key. Frankly I am very flustered at this. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Hmmm ... multiple posts .. lol. as I said on your other post -- Ubi support says:

The Install Key for Rainbow Six: Lockdown is:

4K769-JLAPS-DKMFY-Z5GCZ-UWCD6

*Please note, this key code is only used for the installation of the game. The multiplayer key can be found on the back of the game manual in this format: RS4-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Thanks for the quick response. It works fine now. But now I am having other problems. When I start the game, I just see a black screen and about 1-2 seconds of some sort of start up audio file. Any suggestions on that?

I saw a couple other people here who had the same problem too.

I also noticed the multiple posts. I had actually posted to a different forum from another of UBI's sites. Didn't know they were cross linked.

Originally posted by santa_____sing:
    ...When I start the game, I just see a black screen and about 1-2 seconds of some sort of start up audio file. Any suggestions on that?

I saw a couple other people here who had the same problem too.
    Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Visit nvidia.com or ati.com. If that doesn't work compare the specs of your computer with the minimum system requirements:

"Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP (only)
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1.5GHz or better
    RAM: 512 MB
    Video Card: 64 MB AGP or PCI-Express DirectX9 video card that supports pixel shaders and vertex shaders (* See Supported List *)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant (EAX recommended; PC audio solution containing Dolby Digital Live required for Dolby Digital audio)
    CD-ROM Drive: 12x CD-ROM (8x DVD-ROM recommended)
    Hard Drive Space: 7.0 GB
    Peripherals supported: keyboard and mouse, microphone (for voice commands), Logitech G15 keyboard, monitor capable of 1024x768 resolution at 60Hz
    Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 kbps upstream (128 kbps recommended)

* Supported video cards at time of release:

ATI Radeon 8500 / 9000 / X families
    NVIDIA GeForce 3 / 4 / FX / 6 / 7 families (GeForce 4 MX / Go models not supported)"

I'd assume that you have DirectX 9 installed, but if not it's on the last Lockdown CD, but a better/more recent copy can be downloaded from MS site. Good luck

Isn't it funny how people who buy the game get completely screwed by the stuff that is suppose to stop it from being copied... and the people who copy and distribute the game have no problems at all?

Kind of messed up... isn't it? Maybe if more time went into making a better game instead of trying some lame way to stop copying the game, we would just have a better working product.

My system specs match the system requirements as well as the graphics card requirements. I have an NVidia GeForce FX 5500. Its supported and all. The only thing I don't have is a sound card. I have an integrated sound card, but that is not a problem with any of the games I currently play.

Here's a snippet of my system report:

IRQ 17 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio OK

So that does not seem like a problem. But what I am extremely mad at right now is the way UBI treats its customers. I mean noone to call, not even an email. Its like they just took my money and that's it. You are on your own. And how bad are the programmers who put together this game. They have all my system info. Its not like I have some crazy system. Its a regular Dell and lots of other games run on it.

The help I got on these forums is great. But when I spend good money on something, I expect at least a minimal level of customer support. Especially if the game is buggy and just won't run.

I really feel like a sucker.

I just found the solution to the black screen problem. It was posted by someone on another thread. Basically, I changed the value of usePrimaryDisplayDevice from false to true in my options.xml.

Now I can see a couple of seconds of the purpley splash screen. Then my computer locks up again and I have to reboot. Great. UBI should be paying us to beta test their bugs.

if u use an ati radeon agp card u do not neet the latest but one previous version
    it helpt for me