Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Please read if you are experiencing freezing issues. | Forums

US Forum Manager
    In the last few weeks, it has come to our attention that some consumers are experiencing "freezing issues" with their copies of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. This game was extensively tested by both Ubisoft and Microsoft and this issue was not seen by either group.

Both teams are looking into this issue and we ask that affected customers be patient and allow them to find and hopefully fix this problem. We are also asking that any affected customers contact our Technical Support department (http://support.ubi.com), as they are currently gathering as much information on the problem as possible.

Even though it appears to be a minority of users that are affected, Ubisoft and Microsoft are dedicated to creating the best video game experience possible for our consumers. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by bukowski113:
    In the last few weeks, it has come to our attention that some consumers are experiencing "freezing issues" with their copies of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. This game was extensively tested by both Ubisoft and Microsoft and this issue was not seen by either group.

Both teams are looking into this issue and we ask that affected customers be patient and allow them to find and hopefully fix this problem. We are also asking that any affected customers contact our Technical Support department (http://support.ubi.com), as they are currently gathering as much information on the problem as possible.

Even though it appears to be a minority of users that are affected, Ubisoft and Microsoft are dedicated to creating the best video game experience possible for our consumers. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    I can appreciate that someone at Ubi is looking at this forum and coming to the realization that there may be a problem with software/hardware compatibilities.

That said, I don't appreciate the fact that we are being classified as a minority (so be it) and that we are being directed to the website where navigation is tricky at best to find any level of support. I completely understand why email is not a viable option – spam and viral messaging has ruined that option altogether. However, options to tell the story of the consumer is very important to the manufacture/producer altogether. We, consumers who are complaining of "freezing," seem as though a small minority may in fact be a bigger slice because about 10-percent will deal with the problem and not take the "effort" to claim they are experiencing a problem, another 10-percent will vent frustration to the wrong sources, or their voices will not be heard because they are not communicating effectively. Thus, it leaves me to ponder if we are still a minority (under 50-percent HH penetration levels for this Xbox 360 title).

I also understand the possibility that "bugs" do indeed get passed onto the consumer to deal with. And I also understand that fixing those bugs takes time, effort and money on the part of the diligent producers of Ubi and their partners. However, what I don't understand is how blame gets passed around and left for the consumer to answer. We in no way are the responsible party to figure out a solution to the problem. We pay a high value of support in trying to communicate to you of what we are experiencing in your "end" product.

Please abide accordingly to whatever business standards are left in the gaming industry. I have no more faith in this industry from the time we went from the original Nintendo system in 1985 to now, where we deal with "buggy" games, lackluster support, games crashing, blame being passed to everyone but themselves, C++ programmers bashing the "complaining" consumers, etc. Some of your dedicated gamers from the 80s (the decade that the video game exploded) are now becoming older, and thus smarter. The industry should do the same. Thank you.

The only thing i would add is that if after a reasonable amount of time (which to me is 2 months from release, leaving about month left) a fix is not supplied to the effected users, there should be a program where we should be able to get a complete refund. The vast majority of us are binded by the "open game" policy of most retailers where returns are either not accepted at all, or in the case of EB or Gamestop, only given a fraction of the games worth in credit.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a refund.. At least unless you can think of a way for people to prove to them that they're experiencing this specific problem.

MeanMF, you may be right – we may find out that this indeed may be a hardware issue. I also know that you must have some sort of C++ programming in your background seeing as you are associated with Team XLink.

That said, I have an honest, unbiased question for you: Why would one game title cause the Xbox 360 to die, or experience "death" like symptoms at such an accelerated pace such as what's being reported by people playing this game? I find it rather difficult to comprehend any correlation to as what would cause any problem other than a compatibility issue with software updates on this system. That is the problem with having a hard drive on these new systems isn't it?

It may not be Ubi's problem to deal with. It may be Microsoft's. I'm partial to ask (not blame) Ubi, or ask the Xbox Live people what are you doing that's causing so many problems.

However, when a game developer has so many games in the open market, they invariably have to take some accountability and look into it knowing that they indeed may have a software issue causing problems on an already knowingly "risky" hardware platform (the Xbox 360). I honestly don't think people would just make cry's out for help to Ubi in light of Xbox failures...some do, but most make a obvious conclusion, and yes correlation that GRAW 2 has caused them to witness and experience a rather higher than normal frequency of game "freezes" while exclusively playing GRAW 2. Some indeed have a hardware failure, but if it is found that there have been a high number of failure rates for this game, Ubi will be left with a marketing nightmare and people will be left wondering if their games will ever be trusted. It is worth them to take the word of the consumer, as they risk way more than today's speaking dollars.

Originally posted by Bobtrain55:
    MeanMF, you may be right – we may find out that this indeed may be a hardware issue. I also know that you must have some sort of C++ programming in your background seeing as you are associated with Team XLink.

That said, I have an honest, unbiased question for you: Why would one game title cause the Xbox 360 to die, or experience "death" like symptoms at such an accelerated pace such as what's being reported by people playing this game? I find it rather difficult to comprehend any correlation to as what would cause any problem other than a compatibility issue with software updates on this system. That is the problem with having a hard drive on these new systems isn't it?

It may not be Ubi's problem to deal with. It may be Microsoft's. I'm partial to ask (not blame) Ubi, or ask the Xbox Live people what are you doing that's causing so many problems.

However, when a game developer has so many games in the open market, they invariably have to take some accountability and look into it knowing that they indeed may have a software issue causing problems on an already knowingly "risky" hardware platform (the Xbox 360). I honestly don't think people would just make cry's out for help to Ubi in light of Xbox failures...some do, but most make a obvious conclusion, and yes correlation that GRAW 2 has caused them to witness and experience a rather higher than normal frequency of game "freezes" while exclusively playing GRAW 2. Some indeed have a hardware failure, but if it is found that there have been a high number of failure rates for this game, Ubi will be left with a marketing nightmare and people will be left wondering if their games will ever be trusted. It is worth them to take the word of the consumer, as they risk way more than today's speaking dollars.
    I'm still in the "Occam's Razor" camp - the simplist answer is the right answer.

Every game I have tried to play on my xbox works great. The only game I have trouble with is GRAW2 - more specifically GRAW2 SP. Therefore the problem is with GRAW2 SP and not my xbox. Thats not to say that there is not something different about my xbox, there more than likely is, I know this because I have used my game on another xbox without issue. Something in my xbox and others was missed in quality control testing of GRAW2 SP.

So you can say the problem is anything else. You can say I'm a dumba-- and I don't know what I am talking about. You can say that its DVD drives, bad dvds, chips overheating, whatever. Until somethings is proven, thats my guess.

Originally posted by Bobtrain55:
    Why would one game title cause the Xbox 360 to die, or experience "death" like symptoms at such an accelerated pace such as what's being reported by people playing this game?
    It's not..

There are two separate groups here..The first group is the one that gets random lockups or the "3 red lights" problem. They're having problems that are very typical of early model Xbox 360s. Some choose to blame the game that they happened to be playing when the problem first occurred (in this case GRAW 2). But you can look through the forums for ANY xbox 360 game and find people with the exact same problem, and there are countless thousands of people who started getting these symptoms even before GRAW 1 was released.

The second group is the one that I think the "freezing issue" in this thread applies to. They can play the multiplayer game fine, but experience lockups when they try to play single player. My programming background doesn't help me guess whether it's a hardware or software problem - it could easily be either one. Stuff like this is a nightmare to troubleshoot..First you need to get your hands on a console where the crash occurs.. In this case, it's probably only happening on a fraction of a percent of units so that won't be easy. Even if you have the console, the Xbox 360 is a closed system - you can't just take a retail Xbox 360 and run a debugger on it and see what's causing crashes. You can only do that on devevelopment kits, and if the game runs fine on dev kits then you're really in trouble. Hopefully the Microsoft techs have a few debugging tricks up their sleeves.

I initally thought it might be a bad batch of DVDs but I'm backing away from that a bit since people in both North America and Europe are seeing this problem and I doubt the discs are coming out of the same plant.

did they just call me a minority?????

first i was a minority cause im black, now im a minority cause i was sold a game that doesnt work in my system....

[QUOTE]
    We are also asking that any affected customers contact our Technical Support department (http://support.ubi.com), as they are currently gathering as much information on the problem as possible.
    [QUOTE]

I take issue with this statement also. I contacted UBI support like i was supposed to, and they haven't asked me anything. They haven't "gathered" any information on this. So i think its certainly fair to say that htey are NOT "gathering as much information as possible"

Whats that I smell? Stalling tactic?

Here is my delimna.

I have 3 games. Gears, MLB 2k7, and GRAW2. The first two work just fine. Now I bought GRAW2 just yesterday and soon as i got home I popped it in. 5-10 minutes into it, it freezes. Single player campaign along with multiplayer. I was getting NO red lights

-I reconnected all of my wires, power cord, hard drive, etc.

-I reset the cache

-I deleted all of my music and a ton of other things on my 360.

Now im coming to the conclusion that it might be the update that pops up when you restart. I played the game with my hard drive out for 10 minutes and made it through the tutorial without a problem. Put the hard drive back on and it started freezing again. With the hard drive out, it did not ask for an update.

When I get home from work I am going to try the game without the update. If this does not work, I will exchange my game at EB where I bought it yesterday. I will also ask if I can play the game in there display 360 to see if anything happens. If these fail, I dont know what to do.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast