I think Ubisoft should consider creating a game much like lost as from whom I have come across there is a strong demand and ‘liking’ for open world games. This has scenery like lost and such a powerful, emotional and most importantly an interesting storyline/plot. Open World games let the gamer explore and discover different regions of the game, wither that is the world it is exploring or just the minor achievements and missions they can accomplish, and not the feeling that you have no choice but to do the mission or level of the game. Gamers hate it when they are isolated into one small area which looks onto an area which they want to explore. This is exactly what is in LOST: Via Domus. Games need opportunities and choices which lead the character into different situations, this is what the LOST: Via Domus fans want, a game which is not so secluded which leads to boredom.
Ubisoft should consider creating a game which;
- Most definitely OPEN WORLD
- Has a similar setting to LOST, for example an island means the island is the only place to go as large quantities of land which has a surrounding which is completely pointless makes the game feel cheap and not thought through well.
- Options and choices which change gameplay
- A rainforest setting with minor buildings, which at some point you can access all buildings.
- Transportation, such as boat minor vehicles and maybe aircraft such as planes and helicopters depending on the character and story (If transportation is included detailed damage is vital, not the vehicle just blowing up due to minor damage, as this causes the gamer to become frustrated)
- A level and amount of health, armour and fire power (This also depends on the character and story)
- No permanent ending, by this I mean the player may roam and carry on to explore the world without restarting)
- Optional: Side characters to support the gamer along their journey and gameplay.
I do hope Ubisoft consider my choices or take ideas into another style of game as I have thought through this. I am a gamer myself as well as a LOST fan, so I hope you do remake or create a game in the style of LOST: Via Domus.