Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learn from the mistakes of Crysis | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Loved the original Farcry, couldn't wait for Crysis, terribly disappointed in Crysis. If FC2 can get these things right, it will be an awesome game:

Crysis downfalls
    1. terrible anti-cheat system. The game is only a month old and is flooded by hackers. Simply ruins the game, no matter what the potential.

2. DX10/64bit/Quad core optimizations were all a marketing lie. Crysis runs better in DX9 in Windows XP. Just don't lie to us like Crytek did.

3. no auto-map downloader. This is a must for the online community to thrive.

4. no machete. No power punch will ever replace the machete for online battles
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Loved the original Farcry, couldn't wait for Crysis, terribly disappointed in Crysis. If FC2 can get these things right, it will be an awesome game:

Crysis downfalls
    1. terrible anti-cheat system. The game is only a month old and is flooded by hackers. Simply ruins the game, no matter what the potential.

2. DX10/64bit/Quad core optimizations were all a marketing lie. Crysis runs better in DX9 in Windows XP. Just don't lie to us like Crytek did.

3. no auto-map downloader. This is a must for the online community to thrive.

4. no machete. No power punch will ever replace the machete for online battles

You are forgeting one thing.
    FC2 and Crysis have nothing in common.
    http://www.farcry2game.info - Far cry 2 fansite.

Valid points and Crytek is scrambling for its first patch to correct bugs and increase performance but as mentioned above Crysis is NOT FarCry 2.

[COLOR:RED]GOT MY GRAND PRIZE TOSHIBA LAPTOP...THANK YOU UBISOFT[/COLOR]
    The one and only original SLAYER!!!Working the help desk at EA...so how do you like me NOW!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlickRR:
    FC2 and Crysis have nothing in common. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong.. every online Fps has something very important in common... they are competing for the same fps players. As FC1 and now Crysis is learning if you don't have the options that players want and ask for PRIOR to coming out then you are dead where you stand. What he just asked for should be pretty standard if you ask me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rizno:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlickRR:

Wrong.. every online Fps has something very important in common... they are competing for the same fps players. As FC1 and now Crysis is learning if you don't have the options that players want and ask for PRIOR to coming out then you are dead where you stand. What he just asked for should be pretty standard if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you. I am well aware Crysis and FC2 are not developed by the same people. What they have in common is the fact they are both FPS's and someone like me will focus my time on one or the other in multiplayer. Crysis is/has missed the boat on this. FC2 could get it right and be much better.

I always predicted crysis would fall flat on its face. Im sure someone owes me a tenner now
    Graphics dont make a game kids
    It appears crytek never learned from their mistake with farcry. And the crysis mp is just as buggy and has just as many loopholes as FC1 did/does
    CoD4 came out after crysis? CoD4 already has 3 patches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rizno:

Wrong.. every online Fps has something very important in common... they are competing for the same fps players. As FC1 and now Crysis is learning if you don't have the options that players want and ask for PRIOR to coming out then you are dead where you stand. What he just asked for should be pretty standard if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No they are not. There is plenty of people out there new, old, casual, hard core, partial players, etc...
    Doesen't necesarily mean that just because Crytek developed farcry they now have the same user base...
    http://www.farcry2game.info - Far cry 2 fansite.

Well you continue to think that and watch FC2's mp comunity die in a week like crysis's did... there was a max of 400 U.S players at any one time this week... do you want to guess how many were playing cod4 at the same times? FPS games compete for FPS players pure and simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast