Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSFFB2 and Win 7 | Forums

I've an opportunity to get an (almost new so the seller says) FFB2. I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

MS site says the FFB2 is not compatible with Win 7 either 32 or 64 bit.

I've also read that a few do get it to function 100% but most say it only functions on the basics (ie no FFB).

Anyone here running the FFB2 full functionality on Win 7 at 100% ??
    my goal for my 1/8th scale RC Corsair 1D:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Buy it !
    It works just fine.
    I use it with Win7 64 pro....
    Just plug it in and go to work.....

While I was waiting for a reply (thanks, BTW), I was doing some research and found that people say the red is better than the green is better than the black or silver.

What are they talking about? The colour of the buttons?

Originally posted by voyager_663rd:
    While I was waiting for a reply (thanks, BTW), I was doing some research and found that people say the red is better than the green is better than the black or silver.

What are they talking about? The colour of the buttons?
    Yeah, I think it't the trigger button color they speak of.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

I've an opportunity to get an (almost new so the seller says) FFB2. I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

MS site says the FFB2 is not compatible with Win 7 either 32 or 64 bit.

I've also read that a few do get it to function 100% but most say it only functions on the basics (ie no FFB).

Anyone here running the FFB2 full functionality on Win 7 at 100% ??
    The FFB works fine BUT you cant adjust it or program the buttons using the MS software.

Thanks for input folks.

I think I'd rather say "Oh well, it would have been nice" and pass on it rather than buy it and say "Damn, why did I buy that when I knew it may not work 100%".

What "crash" didn't say?
    You don't need the MS software to program the stick....I assign buttons in game and stick forces are perfect, as is....

That stick is harder and harder to come by....It is the FFB stick that all others are compared with...My first one lasted eight years...now on the second one...

Thanks for input folks.

I think I'd rather say "Oh well, it would have been nice" and pass on it rather than buy it and say "Damn, why did I buy that when I knew it may not work 100%".
    Voyager, I recently got one on e-bay after months of trying and missing out.
    I have to say I wish I'd tried harder, earlier. It is a joy to use and much, much superior to my old Saitek 3D force effort.
    The microsoft programming software does not work in Win7 64bit but thats completely irrelevant.

I have 1946, CoD and RoF and it's a "must" in my opinion, second only to TrackIr.
    If you have a chance to get your hands one, DO NOT miss this opportunity.

thanks for the new replies. I'm quite happy with my x52 but never having used a FFB, I'll keep trying for the used one I found so I can enjoy that (as well as have a backup).

Len

I have used the same MSFFB2 with IL2 since pretty much they first came out and have never bothered at any point with the MS software. Its not really needed in IL2. The software is for other games that do not let you map multiple joystick buttons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast