Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The client is incompatible with the server. | Forums

Well, if you have version 1.0.0 and you didn't install some kind of "no-CD" crack, then you must have a third party version.

I checked EA Brasil's website, and they don't have any patches for Chessmaster 10th Edition, so I don't know how sending it to them would do any good...

Even if you upgraded to Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition, you might run into the same problem (EA Brasil doesn't have any patches for it, either).

If possible, I would suggest returning (not exchanging) the game, and purchasing a different product.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by jtentschert:
    Thanks for the reiteration - I appreciate it - but I'm still disappointed by this. I have plenty of games that are of the same vintage (or older) as Chessmaster 9000 that are still supported for online play. I don't think I want to find out the reason for them stopping support - I can't imagine Chessmaster requires the same sort of server hardware that something like an RTS does so I don't expect that it's the cost of the 'server farms' necessary to run the (10's or 100's? of) games of Chessmaster 9000.

I'll have to see if my Fritz still works for online play so I can play my brother. Bummer.

Again, thanks for the response (that's a serious thank you, not a sarcastic one!)
    Well this just sucks.. False advertising.. Will file a complaint with the FTC.. that sometimes gets something moving

What false advertising? You don't really expect a 7 year old game to still be supported, do you?

Besides, online play for Chessmaster 9000 was dead long before they shut it down.

Originally posted by stumegan:
    Well this just sucks.. False advertising.. Will file a complaint with the FTC.. that sometimes gets something moving
    Aren't you over-reacting a bit?

I'm fairly sure that the End User License Agreement (EULA) that came with Chessmaster 9000 says that it's sold "as-is", and makes no mention of promising online services in perpetuity.

If you just purchased it, then you should have done some research beforehand. As the saying goes, caveat emptor!

Other than online play, it's still a good chess game... just make sure you install all the patches.

Could not log to the router! The client is incompatible with the server. (ERR:50)

Is Chessmaster 10th Edition still online? Can you play online Still? When I try to connect I get the following message. Could not log to the router! The client is incompatible with the server. (ERR:50) I have applied all patches.

I don't know why game not starts (err:50). Earlier all worked. I have all patches too. Problem in chessmaster 10th edition and chessmaster grandmaster is the same (err. 50).

Chessmaster 10th Edition (offline)

My online does not work anymore either and yet I am still having fun. I just beat Griffin at 1366 Elo. Yes! This is my new high score.
    Last edited by NKT73; 03-15-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Update
    Thank you Jesus Christ.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123