Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Map Editor Discussion aka Map Editor Veterans UNITE: Lets talk, Ubisoft... | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    As i've read somewhere it's technically impossible (at least on consoles) to give the user that freedom. But pre-made hollow rocks may be available in the map editor as an object.
    Didn't know that but maybe like neokinesis said with premade objects, that can also work I think.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

All this talk about flash drives and secret new game modes got me thinking they may be adopting a mode similar to one of my previous threads on far cry 3 game suggestions. heres the link , It basicly takes away the mindless task of staying in a place while a progress meter slowly moves and replacing it with puzzle like tasks or a mini game that a player must finish before erea is captured. heres the link to that thread. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...55#post8174655

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadstorm76 View Post
    All this talk about flash drives and secret new game modes got me thinking they may be adopting a mode similar to one of my previous threads on far cry 3 game suggestions. heres the link , It basicly takes away the mindless task of staying in a place while a progress meter slowly moves and replacing it with puzzle like tasks or a mini game that a player must finish before erea is captured. heres the link to that thread. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...55#post8174655
    You have to watch out for enemies while waiting

true that why you need a team and after a while your hacking skills would improve so some players may not be the best gunner's on the team but be awsome at hacking i figure most games have a 12 second capture method. A level 1 security that has 2 puzzle screens should take maybe 10 seconds or less how ever if you dont concentrate and have to cycle through the switch positions too many times it be longer. Remember the bases have 3 servers so they would have seek and find the server your at. And you could step away from the server to shoot enemy players. Also dont take too long because if enemy player gets to one of the 3 servers and finishes the task before you they score. I believe modes like this will appear in next gen shooters but i would like ubi soft take a chance.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    true that why you need a team and after a while your hacking skills would improve so some players may not be the best gunner's on the team but be awsome at hacking i figure most games have a 12 second capture method. A level 1 security that has 2 puzzle screens should take maybe 10 seconds or less how ever if you dont concentrate and have to cycle through the switch positions too many times it be longer. Remember the bases have 3 servers so they would have seek and find the server your at. And you could step away from the server to shoot enemy players. Also dont take too long because if enemy player gets to one of the 3 servers and finishes the task before you they score. I believe modes like this will appear in next gen shooters but i would like ubi soft take a chance.
    Mind that this is a pure shooter game, not many shooter gamers love puzzle games

A few things I would like in the editor if its not to late advanced textures like glowing hot fire ambers & Milton metal & bubbling green ooz. One more thing the ability to place for hot Asian chicks from dead or alive playing volley ball anywhere on the map so that it may distract opposing team .
    PS3 __AKA__Leadstorm 76__

I'm scared that they are missing the most important point of a map edior : modular pieces. Modular pieces are more important than a hundred of prefab objects. We must be able to create our own buildings, corridors, walls...

I hope your wrong is it me or do they always seem to have a but load of shanty stuff. What really urked me is those nice small iron beams were bent and they didnt take the time to give us a straightened one.
    PS3 __AKA__Leadstorm 76__

I hope your wrong is it me or do they always seem to have a but load of shanty stuff. What really urked me is those nice small iron beams were bent and they didnt take the time to give us a straightened one.
    I hope too... but if we read the FAQ :

(Q) - You mentioned having a big selection of pre built buildings being available in the editor (Which I love hearing). You don't have to get detailed as I'm sure it will be announced in detail later, but will there also be building block type items for building our own buildings? (stand alone Walls/floors/windows/etc.)

(A) - To the best of our knowledge, we have not seen anything explicitly designed as such in our object database. However, there are areas of our game built using some modular pieces, so it might be possible to use them together to create really cool stuff!
    I'm disappointed by this. In a map editor, creators don't want to be limited by prefab buildings, they want to create their own buildings !

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMart View Post
    I hope too... but if we read the FAQ :

I'm disappointed by this. In a map editor, creators don't want to be limited by prefab buildings, they want to create their own buildings !

they obviusly either don't have time to, or don't have enough memory or disc space for that.
    Youtube - Kaelon Drae
    FaceBook - Kaelon Drae
    Soundcloud - Kaelon Drae
    XBox Live - Omfg LAAGGG

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast