Thread: Community Map Editor Discussion aka Map Editor Veterans UNITE: Lets talk, Ubisoft... | Forums

Originally Posted by GODZCHEETAH360 Go to original post

- Create a class.
    I have to EXTREMELY disagree with this one. It cramped up the Mutilplayer for FC2 because mappers had to gimp their maps due to over abundance of snipers. I say that weapon placement is a better idea because it helps the author of the map control the flow of battle better.

DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    here is how I see Far Cry 3's cave editor. I hope its like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...jQr2ea8#t=136s

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by DapperHayden Go to original post
    here is how I see Far Cry 3's cave editor. I hope its like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...jQr2ea8#t=136s
    Nice editor

Map Editor

For the Devs and decision makers:

Simply that I will not buy my copies if there is no editor-it will be just another FPS without it in my humble opinion. I have 2 PS3's and probably will have a PC online as well.

Thank you and it looks great!

Leadstorm76's Avatar Senior Member
    I 2nd that some online universe isnt enough to draw me in.

Ix Johnnien xI's Avatar Senior Member
    Would be interesting if there was an app that granted users access to the Far Cry 3 editor through smartphones. Then we could edit maps on the go. Better yet have coop map editing on smart phones. Maybe even let us host games for 360, PS3, and PC from our smartphones.

TheRealDrewdelz's Avatar Senior Member
    I had a dream last night, I was playing FC3 somehow and of course in the map editor.

One key thing I remember from it was there was an option to choose from like 20 different "Ambient Tracks" and then you could also set the Ambient Track's volume. There was different ones, like:
    "Spooky Night" with owls, crickets and wolves howling.
    "Beachside" with seagulls, breeze and gentle waves heard.
    "Stormy Wind" with rough wind blowing and rustling.
    "Warzone" with constant background guns firing, bombs going off, ect.

They went on like this, and being able to choose the volume really let you set a mood for your map. There was even other alternate versions with a music track playing for even more mood, such as "Spooky Night +Music" with eerie graveyard themed music playing over the Spooky Night Ambient.

I really wish this could actually happen, it would be such a great little option that would make a huge difference when playing.

Leadstorm76's Avatar Senior Member
    It needs an editor because i see alot more interest from fans and new comer's and a AAA game developer need's to sell at least 1.5 millions copies just to break even.

Regarding the possible map editor (PS3 in my case). Anyone ever thought of the ability to add AI spawn points and then be able to play the map in a co-op survival/hoard mode with one or two mates. That would be really cool and provide nice intimate opportunities to show off your work among friends. The possibilities would be endless. It's a big ask because it would need a multiplayer co-op survival mode as standard. If not, I'll settle for cave carving tools and multi level water. Failing that. Just give me a FC3 editor for my PS3 ...lol

Originally Posted by DeeKayEm2 Go to original post
    Regarding the possible map editor (PS3 in my case). Anyone ever thought of the ability to add AI spawn points and then be able to play the map in a co-op survival/hoard mode with one or two mates. That would be really cool and provide nice intimate opportunities to show off your work among friends. The possibilities would be endless. It's a big ask because it would need a multiplayer co-op survival mode as standard. If not, I'll settle for cave carving tools and multi level water. Failing that. Just give me a FC3 editor for my PS3 ...lol
    Caves require voxel based terrain, and that's way more performance / memory intensive than the ordinary heightmap based terrain. Also, setting up AI requires some additional work (Adding in areas they can't access, objects/cover they can use, that almost always needs to be done manually for proper results.) in the editor. Multi-level water is completely possible (It's just +4 bytes (The size of a floating point value) of memory usage per sector. The FC2 public editor maps were 8x8 "WorldSectors" in size, it'd have required 256 bytes of memory. Which is 1/4 of a megabyte)). Excluding it in the public FC2 editor was done because of technological restrictions (Only a single real-time reflecting surface on the screen.).

I think I got a bit too technological here...