Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Map Editor Discussion aka Map Editor Veterans UNITE: Lets talk, Ubisoft... | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Originally posted by legacyzero:
    We shouldn't need glitches and exploits in order to achieve anything. Either they are there, or they are not.
    what I mean by what I said is if they find the problem that causes the glitch then they can learn off it to get water "cut outs" in areas where you want "no water access"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

With Far Cry 2, it took a long time before the developers even publicly acknowledged there would be a map editor.

Hopefully they know that the map editor is the bread-and-butter for the FC franchise, it's what separates it from the rest of the FPS crowd. Honestly, I didn't really care for FC2 very much, got tired of it rather quickly. However, with FC1 and FCIP, it kept my attention for quite a long time.

Originally posted by Brimtown:
    With Far Cry 2, it took a long time before the developers even publicly acknowledged there would be a map editor.

Hopefully they know that the map editor is the bread-and-butter for the FC franchise, it's what separates it from the rest of the FPS crowd. Honestly, I didn't really care for FC2 very much, got tired of it rather quickly. However, with FC1 and FCIP, it kept my attention for quite a long time.
    I remember how long it took. Was a nerve racking time for sure LOL.

It really sucks re-living that horrible period of my life LOL.

I had spent so many hours/days/weeks in the map editor for FC2... and loved it, made some awesome maps there and the greatest thing is when your friends come to test and they all love it and their comments about... its very satisfying..
    Please keep the map editor in FARCRY 3 in all three platforms!

If it doesn't have an editor i wont get ill skip cod all together and just get battle field 3. Hope the game controls are better this time. The dont need to much memory for editor if they reduced the mapping erea. It was huge they could cut it in half and still have enough room for great maps. I purchased crysis 2 at launch assuming it had and editor for console's and it was a big mistake. They made it very hard to find out the real specifics on how the editor worked, just alot of videos showing the editor working with all 3 platforms together giving gamers a false sence of security. This time im gonna sit back and see what happens full steam ahead for my current fc2 maps.
    PS3 __AKA__Leadstorm 76__

Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
    If it doesn't have an editor i wont get ill skip cod all together and just get battle field 3. Hope the game controls are better this time. The dont need to much memory for editor if they reduced the mapping erea. It was huge they could cut it in half and still have enough room for great maps. I purchased crysis 2 at launch assuming it had and editor for console's and it was a big mistake. They made it very hard to find out the real specifics on how the editor worked, just alot of videos showing the editor working with all 3 platforms together giving gamers a false sence of security. This time im gonna sit back and see what happens full steam ahead for my current fc2 maps.
    I would prefer being able to set how large the map is.

Originally posted by killa_677:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
    I would prefer being able to set how large the map is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or simply add a 'crop' function like in Photoshop..

you start with a default size map and after it's finished, you crop it to the size you want it..

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    or you set how big you wan't your map and if you need to you can crop or extend :P

Originally posted by DapperHayden:
    or you set how big you wan't your map and if you need to you can crop or extend :P
    I like this.

Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
    I would prefer to set the map size and use the rest of the squares for extended scenery detail. It looks better when you can add depth to the background.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast