Thread: Community Map Editor Discussion aka Map Editor Veterans UNITE: Lets talk, Ubisoft... | Forums

  1. #21
    If they'd just include occlusion proxies in every model bigger than a crate, it could skyrocket up the performance in most cases. They should also make the LOD levels for objects adjustable, e.g.: a slider to change the distane of which from the model starts losing quality. This way you could have some low-distance LOD changes for interior objects (Good for corridors with a lot of doors.)

    AND the most important thing: MOD TOOLS DAMN IT.
    Share this post

  2. #22
    >Ability to walk smoothly over tiny rough edges between objects.

    >Objects with no 'empty bottoms'

    >Bot Placement

    >No invisible gaps between struts on some objects (like the wooden stairs)

    >Keep up the great variety in architectural style in buildings

    >Caves / tunnels(please!)

    >Lights

    >Helicopters

    >Waterfalls

    >Ability to have separate water levels for different areas of the map

    >Doors and door frames

    >More simple object to build buildings with

    >Please don't cut any features

    I did just past this from another thread, but here it is anyway
    Share this post

  3. #23
    Originally posted by razorfinnish:
    If they'd just include occlusion proxies in every model bigger than a crate, it could skyrocket up the performance in most cases. They should also make the LOD levels for objects adjustable, e.g.: a slider to change the distane of which from the model starts losing quality. This way you could have some low-distance LOD changes for interior objects (Good for corridors with a lot of doors.)

    AND the most important thing: MOD TOOLS DAMN IT.
    Yes, I want mod tools too. Make it happen Ubi!
    Share this post

  4. #24
    I just want the map editor to be playable with friends. It would be nice to edit maps with more people. Like forge in Halo Reach.
    Share this post

  5. #25
    Leadstorm76's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,100
    Yeah but if it came down to them possibly scrapping the editor all together because total mapping erea couldnt be as large as fc2. I would settle for half the erea even a quarter of it if came down to it.I like how google sketchup lets you post a big picture on the boundry of your creations giving you so many possibilities. If the editor had that option and you used it properly not much map space would be needed to create a vast looking map.
    Share this post

  6. #26
    Originally posted by bubcup:
    I just want the map editor to be playable with friends. It would be nice to edit maps with more people. Like forge in Halo Reach.
    That's a good point. It'd also be good for the regular groups of people that collaborate their visions to make one map together.
    Share this post

  7. #27
    Someone mentioned putting lights in the editor. That is something that I feel has been sorely missed in the FC2 editor. Night time maps just don't really feel like night time without ambient lighting. And with the vehicles having headlights at night that work, why don't we have interior and exterior lighting as well? Putting lights in houses and buildings and having streetlamps and exterior lighting on buildings would make night maps amazing. As well as flashlight attachments on weapons for running around in the dark. Then the night maps could be darker and feel more like a realistic nighttime experience. I would love to see this feature introduced in FC3.

    SICK
    Share this post

  8. #28
    The editor was the biggest draw for me in farcry 2.

    allow your own maps to be played in ranked games.

    also have a more indepth rating system (bit like lbp)whre people can comment on it and provide feadback for the mapper.

    Also allow mappers to protect there maps, stopping umpteen copies floating about and taking the audience away from the original mapper.

    also have a feature that allows the mapper to overwrite their map with an updated version, rather than having to upload it as a seperate map, thus wiping your download/play and rating stats.

    allow us to make sp maps.
    Share this post

  9. #29
    Originally posted by SABRETOOTH1971:
    The editor was the biggest draw for me in farcry 2.

    allow your own maps to be played in ranked games.

    also have a more indepth rating system (bit like lbp)whre people can comment on it and provide feadback for the mapper.

    Also allow mappers to protect there maps, stopping umpteen copies floating about and taking the audience away from the original mapper.

    also have a feature that allows the mapper to overwrite their map with an updated version, rather than having to upload it as a seperate map, thus wiping your download/play and rating stats.

    allow us to make sp maps.

    I would LOVE this to be fixed. I hated fixing issues with my awesome maps, only to lose all my stats and download numbers..
    Share this post

  10. #30
    I think we should have the ability to select whether an object is destructible or not. And that way, this could be for a larger range of items.
    I also like the way Reach made options for items to be stationary, phased, or affected by gravity.
    This way, you could actually make a custom building collapse by shooting out pivotal points instead of sections being randomly destroyed and leaving floating objects.

    Gears or some other moving parts would be cool. So that way you could actually attach stationary objects to them and make things with motion. This might be used for wheels for a car, a merry go round, or for something like a ferris wheel.
    Share this post