Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much faster does FC2 load when installed on the 360? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

The new dash update came out and it gives the feature of installing a game on your drive. Which of course, usually allows faster load times and a much less noisy 360.

My question is how much faster does it load? Based on loading say, a typical savegame file or a multiplayer map. And how much space would it take?

Hopefully this will answer other people too, as I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I was wondering the same thing about a few games, I will probably download it and if it doesn't change much, i will delete it. I'll let you know if you still haven't been answered after i figure it out.

A lot of games actually load slower if you play them from the harddrive.

Bummer eh?

Originally posted by TomBeta2008:
    A lot of games actually load slower if you play them from the harddrive.

Bummer eh?
    Yeah, which is why I asked before I might install it. I know Halo 3 runs slower(mostly because of the way the multiplayer and single player missions are cached, its basically already set to be fasT).

it loads a lot faster from boot to the main menu. not much diffrance with loading saved games. a bit faster but not much. also this game is only 4.5 gig, i would have thought it was much bigger. IMO its worth doing

Really? Cool! I'll be doing that sometime tomarrow. Thanks for the info.

But since it loads from the drive now, you know how you get that little loading circle when turning into a guy in the map maker? is that shortened?

Banned
    Noisy? The 360 makes sounds while playing a game? Like a spinning sound or a hum? Really?

Im just curious. I didnt know that consoles could be "noisy".

I have 4 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans, and a 200mm bigboy in my computer case and all of them running on medium...the computer is barely audible.

Originally posted by MajorMojoz:
    Noisy? The 360 makes sounds while playing a game? Like a spinning sound or a hum? Really?

Im just curious. I didnt know that consoles could be "noisy".

I have 4 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans, and a 200mm bigboy in my computer case and all of them running on medium...the computer is barely audible.
    My 360 sounds like a ****ing jet engine when compared with my PC. It also puts out about as much heat as a jet engine too. Sometimes when I'm playing it, the sound coming from the spinning of the disk makes me move to put a wall between me and it. Just in case.
    Coming this holiday season: Tom Clancy's Crysis Recon: Nanosuit Wars!

Banned
    Wow. My neighbor has a PS3 and he palys COD all the time. I never recall hearing make sounds though...I'm sorry your XBOX is acting up.

Originally posted by MajorMojoz:
    Wow. My neighbor has a PS3 and he palys COD all the time. I never recall hearing make sounds though...I'm sorry your XBOX is acting up.
    I don't play it that much anyway, dorm network doesn't officially support the proper MTU size to allow traffic for LIVE. And, this Xbox works well, no RRoD or crashing, but, it gets hot and loud. Hasn't had any negative affects on it, but, like I said, I don't play it much. I find that even in the same games, I get a much higher and more consistent frame rate on my PC than on the Xbox. I mainly use the Xbox for multiplayer, most of my friends don't have good gaming PCs. I am also pretty ****ed over that NXE avatar crap. They had to go and copy the most annoyingly cheesy and non-hardcore about the Wii. I play mainly FPS games and I like the simple, easy, efficient, and effective layout of the blade system. The avatar just seems hokey and too casual. It wouldn't matter though if they would just let you turn it off.
    Coming this holiday season: Tom Clancy's Crysis Recon: Nanosuit Wars!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast