Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ac2 subtitle and interface language change??? how? | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

It doesnt work... I bought my AC2 in Poland, so Im stuck with polish version ;/ the translation is horrible, I would love to change the subs to english. Tried everything mentioned above, changing the key in registry, changing all regional settings like location, even keyboard, checked also the Assassin2.ini file, but it doesnt contain any language values - it just doesnt work... any other ideas?

Edit. The key in registry changes only language in launcher, not in game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Found a solution:

1. Make sure your save files are synced on the Ubisoft server and proceed to uninstall your current AC2 that has the wrong GUI language.

2. Pop in the install DVD and close the auto-run.

3. Navigate to the contents of the DVD and double click setup.exe and you should get a language list to chose from in the first step of the install wizard.

4. Install the game and enjoy it in your chosen language.

Worked flawless for me.

--------------------------------------------------------

Nice. That's why I told before, that there Should have been an Option to select the Language, while Installing the Game. So, earlier you Selected 'Swedish' while Installing ?

*Anyhow, Glad you can now enjoy the Game in English*.

-----------------------------------------------------------

No, the auto-run program selects the language automatically and doesn't allow you to change it. Have to manually start the wizard from the DVD for the selection to come up. But it works fine now.

Just out of curiosity, in what language was speech?

I would be kind of hilarious to play screed 2 with danish speech.
    You know, like what Monty Python did on intro of Quest of Holy Grail, just other way around
    --------------------------------
    Coined the term "cr4pstorm" on the Screed 2 issues, or something, happy now Rekalty?

Originally posted by Skwarek-pl:
    It doesnt work... I bought my AC2 in Poland, so Im stuck with polish version ;/ the translation is horrible, I would love to change the subs to english. Tried everything mentioned above, changing the key in registry, changing all regional settings like location, even keyboard, checked also the Assassin2.ini file, but it doesnt contain any language values - it just doesnt work... any other ideas?

Edit. The key in registry changes only language in launcher, not in game.
    Oh, nice, gonna try it later, thanks for sharing

Originally posted by drfathertime:

I think, We have Only 2 Options for the Spoken Language/Speech i.e. either *English or Italian*, IMO ?

But the In-game Text, Menus, and/or the Subtitles can be viewed in many Languages. *This is what I conclude*.

Oops. 'Skwarek-pl', I think you Quoted Yourself by mistake.

------------------------------------------------------------------

not entirely true, I've seen Screed 2 in japanese as spoken language (not on my copy tho mind you)

and in credit roll, I recall seeing something that looked like some russian voice talents as well.
    --------------------------------
    Coined the term "cr4pstorm" on the Screed 2 issues, or something, happy now Rekalty?

------------------------------------------------------

OK. That Sounds Very Interesting. I thought in AC2, we could only Toggle between 'English or Italian', as the Spoken Language ? I even read this somewhere on a Forum.

But, It looks like the Game can be Enjoyed in many Languages. *NICE* !

-----------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfathertime:

I think, We have Only 2 Options for the Spoken Language/Speech i.e. either *English or Italian*, IMO ?

But the In-game Text, Menus, and/or the Subtitles can be viewed in many Languages. *This is what I conclude*.

Oops. 'Skwarek-pl', I think you Quoted Yourself by mistake.

------------------------------------------------------------------

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, pressed wrong button there

Anyways, this method doesnt work form me.... just uninstalled AC2 and tried it Guess the polish version doesnt contain the language selection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast