Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodging? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Is there really dodging as a way to avoid being assassinated? (around the 3 minute mark)
    Seems a little annoying to me...

Hey, what can I say? I'm a bit of a stickler for grammar/spelling/punctuation.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hell, I can't get anything to work when they spot me. It's like my buttons won't respond at all; no stunning, no dodging anything.

Please tell me there's a fix for this.

It looks like a result of lag or something. I hope there is no dodging feature in the multiplayer.

@ godisevol: Once they have began the assassination (after they have pressed 'X' or whatever button it is on that other un-holy console...) you cannot stop it. The trick is to see them before it gets to that point.

@m0nkey: I do not believe there is dodging, havent ran into it at least.

It looks like its a bug, my brother had it happen to him and he couldn't assassinate anyone, it didn't give him the option and he avoided all assassinations, etc... there are other bugs like you don't get a target to kill or you aren't hunted down either. It gets quite annoying.

As soon as I see the red marker above their heads I've tried tapping and holding "B" to stun and nothing happens also tried using one of my special moves but they wouldn't do anything either. This has occurred every time, including when I was throw smoke bombs. Earlier I was yelling into the ether, because I kept spawning directly in front of whomever was trying to assassinate me EVERY TIME. It is quite frustrating. Seems like there should be some way to fend off your attacker if you spot them before they strike, but alas.

There is, by stunning them. I don't know why some people have such issue with it. It was waaaaaaaay harder to pull off at the start of beta.

AS A NOTE, stuns can be countered, so if you're very obvious with your stun attempt, as in whoever you are stunning is expecting it, they can counter it. Generally, however, if you catch them when they don't expect it, they simply do not have enough time to respond with a counter.

Stuns from behind also seem to have a much smaller counter window, though both are very tiny.

Originator of Walking the Dinosaur in MP.
    Never thought so many good players would turn out to be terrible!

Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
    There is, by stunning them. I don't know why some people have such issue with it. It was waaaaaaaay harder to pull off at the start of beta.

AS A NOTE, stuns can be countered, so if you're very obvious with your stun attempt, as in whoever you are stunning is expecting it, they can counter it. Generally, however, if you catch them when they don't expect it, they simply do not have enough time to respond with a counter.

Stuns from behind also seem to have a much smaller counter window, though both are very tiny.
    They are talking about the dodging that happens at 3minutes in the video. Its a bug, and I know this because it happened to my bro.

Oh, hmm. Haven't seen that before, not in beta and not in any matches today. Dunno about it.

Originator of Walking the Dinosaur in MP.
    Never thought so many good players would turn out to be terrible!

Originally posted by godisevol:
    As soon as I see the red marker above their heads I've tried tapping and holding "B" to stun and nothing happens also tried using one of my special moves but they wouldn't do anything either. This has occurred every time, including when I was throw smoke bombs. Earlier I was yelling into the ether, because I kept spawning directly in front of whomever was trying to assassinate me EVERY TIME. It is quite frustrating. Seems like there should be some way to fend off your attacker if you spot them before they strike, but alas.
    This happened to a friend of mine as well. He'd spawn, and 2 seconds later the one that was targeting him was there killing him, every time. Hopefully this isn't very common.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast