Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Might and Magic X? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Right, Heroes is very good and I believe Dark Messiah will be as well. But I'm hungering for a game that puts you completely free to explore Ashan and it's stories and backdrops. Noone of the above let you do that, they just point you a direction and say: "go"...

Basically, I'm saying:

"Now, give us a RPG"

Any thoughts?

"That is not dead
    Which can eternal lie
    And with strange aeons
    Even death may die"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hmm.... are you talking about a RPG similiar to the Elder Srolls and Neverwinter Nights?... a semi-open ended main quest with hundreds of hours of side quests and totally custom characters and and and based in the world of Ashan?... sounds good to me...

i mean imagine playing a dragon knight

I mean like Might and Magic, but basically, it's near that (save the open end). It must be Might and Magic because there are plenty of RPGs out there where you can evolve your character, make him unique, powerful... and alone... I want a M&M, where you make a group, not a character.

"That is not dead
    Which can eternal lie
    And with strange aeons
    Even death may die"

Well, I don't know how many strings you've got with UBI or others. But if you would have to make a petition for it, I would vote for it. I can totally relate with your topic, I only didn't know how to put it into words

sadly the party based rpg genre is dead.
    R.I.P. old style might and magic games.

its all about single character "action rpg" games now. every single fantasy rpg game released in the past years has been that genre.

every developer that did make games where the player controlled four to six characters, is either bankrupt, or has moved on and makes action games now.

i dont think there is any hope of a M+M X

Originally posted by myythryyn

its all about single character "action rpg" games now. every single fantasy rpg game released in the past years has been that genre.

every developer that did make games where the player controlled four to six characters, is either bankrupt, or has moved on and makes action games now.
    "Cough" Bioware "cough" Neverwinter Nights 2, "cough"

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

I don't see why no one makes a game in this format anymore. The last good one was Wizardry 8. I think that was 3 years ago now?? There should be a game for those of us who don't like to have a clickfest where we can't even see what is going on. But re-playing MM6 just doesn't cut it anymore, we have been spoiled by the slick graphics and the mouse.

is neverwinter nights a game where you have a party? from what ive seen in the pictures, and what ive read its just another single character game.

didnt bioware stopped the party based games after they put the baldurs gate game engine to rest?

we may have been spoiled by good graphics and a mouse interface, but it doesnt mean that they couldnt use todays graphics and a modern up to date interface to make MM X.
    imagine if you combined HOMM and MM, in that when you had combat a mini battle screen came up, like small HOMM battlefield you could control tactically four-six heroes to fight, (like the old SSI dungeons and dragons games, but up to date graphics )and the rest of the game had oblivian type graphics and interface for world/dungeon exploration.

but even then, i really doubt ubisoft will take the risk of making an old fashioned game. if dark messiah is successful, theyll just make more of those games. so i think MMX is just a thing of dreams.

Originally posted by myythryyn:

i dont think there is any hope of a M+M X
    You didn't say they all had to be present in a single battle so...

*cough cough* Knights of the Old Republic (both), Final Fantasy X, Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King, Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 4 (rereleases).... *cough cough*

Shall I go on?

There's still room for turn-based rpgs, just have to be somewhat creative with the battle system. Also, this could work as a party-based action rpg, just have the other charecters A.I. controlled, or better yet, allow co-op, either online or locally (hopefully both).

Oh, also, nice job with attempting to prove your point by creating too fine a distinction. 3 charecter parties are still party-based, even two-charecter can be. Eliminating 3 charecter parties is pointless.

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness. -The Architect (The Matrix)

Originaly posted by myythryyn

is neverwinter nights a game where you have a party? from what ive seen in the pictures, and what ive read its just another single character game.

didnt bioware stopped the party based games after they put the baldurs gate game engine to rest?

even if it is, i really doubt ubisoft will take the risk of making an old fashioned game. if dark messiah is successful, theyll just make more of those games.
    Neverwinter 1 had 2 characters you controled, the main character, and his companion, who could be changed as needed throughout the game.
    Neverwinter 2 will have 3 characters.
    Not every game has to be single character FPS style,they`re only so common because they`re easier to write, bang em out quick for the click fest kiddies

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast