Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Sign Up! | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    OK here's a question, given that days of searching have thrown up no answer. When I try and create an account through the Uru Live SignUp button - as directed to do so to be added to the list of people who might be invited into D'Ni - the Ubisoft billing service throws up an error.

This ONLY occurs when I specifically try the log in to Uru Live.

So where's the problem? I have the game, I have a key, I have an Ubi.com account, I even have several credit cards...

Am I the only person who is being explicitly blocked from signing up to Uru Live? I even tried a different Ubi.com account - same deal.

Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    OK here's a question, given that days of searching have thrown up no answer. When I try and create an account through the Uru Live SignUp button - as directed to do so to be added to the list of people who might be invited into D'Ni - the Ubisoft billing service throws up an error.

This ONLY occurs when I specifically try the log in to Uru Live.

So where's the problem? I have the game, I have a key, I have an Ubi.com account, I even have several credit cards...

Am I the only person who is being explicitly blocked from signing up to Uru Live? I even tried a different Ubi.com account - same deal.

Any ideas?

What error are you getting?

XyZspineZyX
    "Your ubi.com account cannot be used to subscribe.
    Please use a different account and try again."

I get this by clicking on the "My Uru live Account" shortcut on my PC, or going in via Ubi.com, and then logging in using my existing Ubi.com account.

I get the same error using other Ubi.com accounts as well, including newly created ones.

I understand there are problems when two ubi.com accounts share an email address. Could this be the case?

I suspect one would have even bigger problems using the same CD key on 2 accounts. I think although this is not the root of your problem it may be the problem now. I'd contact UBI support by phone if I were you, they would be your best bet for resolving this issue.

bUg

XyZspineZyX
    Guiun_: No, problem occurs when i create a new account with a unique email address (I run myown domain mail server so i can create new accounts).

ThebUgMan: Oh how I WISH I'd been able to enter my CD key - ubi.com won't even let me subscribe to the game, so i never get the opion to enter my CD key or credit card details.

I guess I'll have to telephone at a per-minute charge to me for a problem at Ubi's end. Nothing new then I guess.

I assume it does the same thing when you try to sign up via the web page link. Am I correct?

PS: There are no by the minute charges, except for long distance charges, and there are contact numbers for many different countries.

EDIT: Here is a link with contact information.

LINK

XyZspineZyX
    I go here:
    http://urulive.ubi.com/US/About/SignUp.htm

I click on the link that goes to https://secure.ubi.com/billing/defau...create&lang=en

I give it my username and password, and it gives me the error page. (edit: here's the error page content again)
    Your ubi.com account cannot be used to subscribe.
    Please use a different account and try again.

As for tech support, I'm happily in one of those coutnries that charges per-minute for technical support. I'll time it and then tell you exactly how much it cost me to obtain support - assuming I get helped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast