Thread: double agent | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hi
    does anybody know if i can run double agent on windows 7, 64bit.
    it just crashes on install.
    is their a patch or download i could use.
    thanks in advance
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by shop282C0E5FF:
    Hi
    does anybody know if i can run double agent on windows 7, 64bit.
    it just crashes on install.
    Do you get any Error message, when the game crashes ? Are you installing from a Disk/CD, or it's a digital download file ?

Have you tried installing it under 'Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode', and as an ADMIN ? Though the game seems to be compatible with Win7, according to this link:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...rs/detail/a_id/12873

hi
    the install is from a disc.
    how do you run it under windows xp sp2 compatibility mode?

error message says

feature transfer error
    feature basic installation low resolution textures only
    component files 2
    file e:\disk3\data4.cab
    error data error (cyclic redundancy check)

please help
    thanks

Originally posted by shop282C0E5FF:
    hi
    the install is from a disc.
    how do you run it under windows xp sp2 compatibility mode?
    thanks
    To run any program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7, Right click on the program's shortcut, or .EXE file (e.g. Setup.exe), and then click on Properties. Then click on the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' box.

From the drop down menu arrow select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'. Also check the 'Run this program as an administrator box', to change the Privilege Level of any Program. After that click on the OK button....

Or, just Right click on any program's shortcut, or the .EXE file and click on Troubleshoot compatibility.

But doing all this won't be always necessary. Do you get any ERROR message when you try to install from the disk ?? Any kind of CRC/cyclic redundancy check error ?

error message says

feature transfer error
    feature basic installation low resolution textures only
    component files 2
    file e:\disk3\data4.cab
    error data error (cyclic redundancy check)

please help
    thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, that's what I guessed...This CRC error usually comes when the Disk is old/damaged, or your CD/DVD-ROM drive is unable to read the disk properly. Btw, can your DVD-drive read other Game disks, except this one ??

This sounds like a bad drive 'Read' error. You need to first check the CD for Dirt and/or scratches. Try Cleaning it if possible. First check if it does NOT contain too many scratches, else you need to replace it. Also clean your CD/DVD drive's LENS with any cleaning disc you may have. Is the CD/DVD Drive configured properly ?

Also try to COPY all the Game disk contents to any Hard Drive location on your System, if possible, and then install the game from there. Sometimes disabling DMA (Direct Memory Access) under Windows via the Control Panel, can also help overcome such error. There is also one Tool for this CRC error, but it takes a lot of time, and I don't recommend using it.

Anyways, check whether your Game disk is damaged or not, and then try installing the game again. Do you have any other disk Drives on your system, so that you can try the game CD on it ? Any other Laptop or Computer ?? If Copying all the game files does not work, then maybe the game disk is damaged. It might need a replacement.

hiya
    my dvd rom does play all other discs ok.
    disc looks fine.
    gonna try and run again.
    or will try to copy to another drive.
    thanks for your help.
    watch this space!!!!
    dont suppose you could help me with another post i have on here about insurgency dlc problem.
    thanks again

Problems

Hi, i have problems with SCDA in mission 5 . I want open the safe to get red mercury object, but a cant turn the wheels in safe . I have trying x- times but nothing happend .