12-10-2011, 06:57 PM
You just have to uncheck "Wait for vertical blank" under "Speed" tab in Settlers 3 setup (you can find it in the Settlers 3 dir)
12-29-2011, 07:03 AM
while i find it kind of interesting to discover which buildings i cant build in each lvl, or how many enemy soldiers i can watch before it crashes, it gets kinda annoying
could someone help me with this?
errorlog says (short version)
s3 caused an Access Violation in module s3.exe at 0023:005fc60c.
Exception handler called in Structured Exception.
Error occurred at 12/29/2011 15:52:14.
C:\BlueByte\Settlers3\s3.exe, run by Raeymakers.
4 processor(s), type 586.
4023 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 1b03044c caused an access violation.
04-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I want to install the extention Quest of the amazons, but there the kernell 32 problem with it. How do I fix it?
05-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I just managed to get Settlers 3 to work with Windows 7 with the Mission CD and with the Quest of The Amazons. It took me almost a day to get this work but it was worth it!
Here is how to make it work:
1. Original Settlers 3 game Cds and Serial number.
2. Mission CD - http://www.bradgate.co.uk/upload/S3_Mission_Disk.rar
3. Quest of the Amazons - http://www.bradgate.co.uk/upload/QOTA.zip
4. S3.exe - http://www.bradgate.co.uk/upload/S3.rar
5. s3old160.exe - ftp://ftp.bluebyte.com/updates/s3old160.exe
6. s3new160.exe - ftp://ftp.bluebyte.com/updates/s3new160.exe
1. Run as Administrator
2. Always run Autorun.exe's in Combatibility Mode (Windows 98 / Windows ME)
You may need
1. MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD Manager (If you don't want to burn the Mission CD and Quest of the amazons on CD you may use software e.g. MagicISO, from where you can mount the disk images into two separate virtual drive.)
1. Install original game
2. Install Mission CD
3. Put s3old160.exe in your game folder and run FileConvert (If FileConvert is not working use the Combatibility Mode Win 98)
4. Install Quest of the Amazons
5. Put s3new160.exe in your game folder and run FileConvert
6. Copy S3.exe in your game folder and overwrite the existing one.
7. Run FileConvert
8. Change Combatibility mode to Windows Vista for S3.exe and double click it
9. Run Update.exe (It should popup to screen) and FileConvert Automatically runs through
10. Start the Game!!!
Thanks to internet forum people and these forums. Special thanks to pennyuk which wrote great post here which helped me a lot: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...r-XP-and-Vista.
11-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Need some help! I've been trying to get Settlers III original game installed on Vista for 1 week now. I've followed this guide and several others. Every time I click on the S3 link to load the game. I get a message saying "Siedler 3 has stopped working."
One thing it might be is that when I put the s3.exe file in I don't get asked if I want to overwrite the old file, but I don't know. I've deleted, searched for hidden files, re-downloaded, etc. with no success. Any suggestions? Please help. Thx.
Last edited by wildthing269; 11-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I have been following all this advice but I am still getting the structured error discussed before. I am using orange version. I have downloaded the old160 and new 160 file and tried placing both into my s3 folder. I have copied across the s3.exe successfully.
My file converter seems to run properly but my update doesn't.
I don't really know what to do. an anyone who solved this before please tell me how. Maybe with more information than download the 160 file and copy it into your s3 location in my c drive?
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
problem playing Amazon
I m treying to play Settlers III Quest of the Amazon
I bought the game a long time ago, it s the french version of the game.
I follow all the step to install the game
I have install QOTA both from my cd game and from the image downloaded via the provided link and when I want to launch the campaign the game keep telling me : the cd rom in you cd drive was not reconize as an original one.
I don't know what to do
02-02-2013, 06:12 PM
UK Forum Manager
Hi minuteofdecade, I suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
02-15-2013, 02:21 PM
problems with serial number
I tried to install my old settlers 3, after not playing it for 10 years, on windows 7. After using some of the instructions on forums I managed to start the game. The problem is that I'm not able to use my own serial number after replacing the s3.exe file with a new one.
Does anyone know how you can solve this?
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but what on earth do I do with the patch once downloaded?
Never mind I am okay with that. I have a different problem though! Everytime I load up settlers 3 on W7 it plays fine. I click any of the buttons and I am automatically prompted to put in my serial number. I copied it exactly as it appears, but then I get a windows error message talking about checking registry!
Last edited by Jack U Lated; 03-27-2013 at 04:00 PM.