Here we shall continue our Updates, so stay tuned
- For the PEC system i think we can remodel it like that, we still have 3 upgrades, but according to the player style of gameplay he can choose what to equip, 3 upgrades max. and of course he can remove the upgrades and choose other things, and play it differently, for example :
a) Run and Gun player : Extended magazine, Grip, hallow point ammo
b) Stealth player : Extended magazine, Laser sight, Suppressor
c) Sniper player : Scope, Laser Sight, Grip
Those are just examples.
- Level should be able to be completed atleast 8 different ways for stealth. Or a linear or couple paths for shooters. At any point in the mission, if a shooter is close to losing ammo, he can just simply take one of the stealth routes.
- Sometimes let Sam want to know some info, so he search for a guard and find him, now if you beat him up or really harm him, he may attract attention, thus making other guards come to his rescue. You will need to spy on the guy and get him when he is in a private area cut off from guards, making it a free for all for how you can hurt him, just don't hurt him while he is in the open. Or you can kidnap him, you can knock him out, take his body, put him in a closet or a room, wake him up with smelling salts, tell him to spill the bean, so imagine holding someone unconscious or as hostage, walking with him slowly to a quit area, trying not get spotted, and in the same time avoiding enemy patrols.
- Let Sam be able to recon an area, say if he was outside, he could possibly sneak into a guard tower or go into a stable tree, and see where the guards are, and etc. Once a guard is spotted, they will mark where he was last seen by Sam on a map, this can be available for a couple of mission not every mission
- A gadget that can short out the lights in an area through a wall socket if that even possible.
- An evasion mode that works like infiltration mode but where you arn't allowed to kill anyone.
- A silent way to take out lights, maybe a lower powered EMP that doesn't alert the whole area.
- Reusable sticky cams, If I used it the right way I should be able to retrieve it, Maybe let us choose the sound the cam makes, A hurt dog or a cat meowing.
- Even more randomization in deniable ops maps maybe with vents that can be crawled through. Maybe you would have to pick the lock on a vent cover to access it.
- Maybe return gas knockouts if thats reasonable.
- Don't just have infiltration missions but exfiltration ones too. SC6 could start off with saving Vic and trying to escape with him for instance.
- A restart/retry selection from menu during D-ops instead of retrying from the start
- In Conviction it would have been nice to have a sprint button, where you can run just like Sam did in Lincoln Memorial, same speed, same animation, and while sprinting we should be able to jump over fences or obstacles faster
- Lets have a mission or two where there is alarm system, If you get detected on Alarm 4: it'd be like a lock down and everyone in that mission knows you're there and swarms you, No gaurd on a different area would let his team get massacred, they should anticipate your arrival.
- Environmental interaction with cans or even turning on or off a TV. Or turning off a power generator to make guards think it's a blown fuse.
- Also I think it'd be awesome to kill a guard or knock him out and then bring him back to his living quarters/bed or to put him on the bench looking like he's napping, and then another guard attempts to wake him up, but then his friend says, "Hey man let him sleep he's been patrolling for hours. Plus, remember him drinking that tequila last night, the man cannot sing karaoke let's just say that. He needs to sleep some of it off."
- Try and bring the "handle" system from '07 conviction, That tech from the 07 build needs to be utilized; barricading doors, handcuffing NPCs, when the 07 conviction debuted in GameInformer, the devs talked about being able to fool the NPCs, for instance, you're running from a group of guys or another agent and you open a door and leave it open and run past it. The NPCs see the open door and run through it. You watch as they all run through, then you emerge from your hi**** spot, close the door and barricade it off. that would be great to have.
- Dead body physics would be appreciated, shooting dead bodies in conviction is very unsatisfying, technically they're just ghosts. Oh and has anyone noticed that even if you shoot someone in the side of the head the bullet hole still appears on their forehead, and bullets on the chest are not existent, If I double tap your chest the wounds should show up.
- Maybe we can have a Shooting Range that you can go to easily at any time, and train ...etc
- We should have multilayer stealth, SC should have more than L&S stealth, for example we should have a mission where we use social stealth (like SCC 07), in another mission we have Insight Stealth, it can work if we infiltrating a place in day time dressing like civilian, if we get detected it is mission over, so we need to hide, take cover, hide in rooms, use vents, and try to stay away from guards as much as possible, unless we can take someone so silently and hide him, if his body get discovered then it is lock down, of course that beside our L&S stealth, where we use darkness to hide, but i think if we can have missions for the 3 kinds of stealth then we will have a big variety in the gameplay, with alot of mission not looking the same
- Maybe we can bring Retinal scanner, Finger scanner, Voice scanner to the SP, where Sam takes someone as a hostage moves him to the scanner, use it, then smash he head to the wall, or take him out silently
- Camera system should be like old days, Close to the back of Sam, in SCC it is a little far making the game feel kinda like a TPS, if we can use the camera from CT, or the camera from SCC scenes, i am talking about the camera angel where Sam walks up in the airfield, and he moves around Grim till he hit her and so, that was a close up camera
- Escape mission where we have to escape from the building, by running, or being stealthy, fast or slow, we should have a time limit, for example it is going to be a lock down in 5 min., so we need to get out fast, some people would run, others will try to get out stealthy
- We should have Gun Statics, this how it works, if a player takes his time to get head shots and so on, his accuracy should increase, we can achieve that by make the reticulate get smaller as he gets better, also incorporate it with PEC system, so he get rewarded by unlocking Laser Sight for better accuracy, if a player shots too much, with time he become more capable with the gun, decreasing the recoil, and PEC unlocks Grips for him, if he is the kinda that reloads so much, then he becomes faster in reloading, and PEC unlocks Bigger Magazine
- We should have alarmed windows/doors.
Like, you can open a window/door but also have the option to slide you're knife under the seal to check for alarms, if you find one you'll have to disarm it.
Maybe later, in more difficult missions some windows/doors will be mined.
This would also encourage you to search for alternate routs.
And also, alternate ways of learning about alarmed/mined doors/windows, like listening to conversations, or hacking computers.
- The enemy guards were not given a growth in gameplay in SCC, they were not given enough tools and capabilities to be in line
with the new agressive, faster style. Even on "Realistic" they're mostly pulling the
short end of the rope here, So, THE way to give this new, faster stealth concept some longevity and depth is by giving the enemy AI's more and better capabilities. Like, enemies being able to reach places the player can reach, enemies who can also sneak up on the player,...... etc, Such changes, would be required to add substantial life value to this faster stealth concept.
- For Doors : So how about this, when in front of a door:
- Tap 'Y' to Open Door
- Hold 'Y' to Open Door Stealth
- Double tap 'Y' to Bash Door
- Run towards door and tap 'B' to Breach Door
- Press 'B' when in front of a door to kick in open, but this breaks the lock and the door can never close again.
- Equip the Optic Cable in gadgets list and press the 'X' when near a door to peer under (similar to how it was in the first Splinter Cell.
You should not be able to look under all doors with an optic cable, for some should have a seal, thus you have to Open Door Stealth to peer in before entering.
- Same as the lockpick, you must equip in before you can use it, and you have to first try to open the door before you can tell if it's locked.
Also, in some missions, door locks should have a little warning system on them. So if you try to open a locked door it will make a loud rattle sound.
However if you Opening the Door Stealthily Sam will automatically discover that the door is locked, without touching the mechanism.
Opening a door regularly should make a little noise, thus forcing you to Open Door Stealth to be perfectly silent. However, some older type doors will creek and crack if you try and Open Door Stealth but all these doors can be peered under with the Optic Cable and it would be good level design to always have an alternate path so you can avoid these doors all together if you're vigilant enough.
- Similar rules could apply to windows.
- Improve the cover system and give it more depth. by being able to control the the speed when using the coversystem. You can use the 'push one button and you will get to the next cover system' but it will be making noise. When you are slow you won't be able to push that button. When you are slow you have to sneak to the next cover.
became noisy that the the enemy may hear you it will be better, also they should be able to shot you if they saw you moving from cover 2 cover.
- Give the option to turn off all the direction arrows, in cover system, pipes, .....etc
So guys here will be our 3rd and final update page, cause i am almost done, and i don't think i will be able to keep on updating, i still have one or two updates to make, probably one
Stealth vs Stealth, the ideas you got there may work more for action game, there quit some things that can't work, there are small addition to your post i think i will add, but not muc, i hoped to go very deep with you in details, but i have exams next week, so maybe the week after if you like
most of your ideas are already add to full extend, i hope you read the updates, you will LOVE the ideas, you got a couple of good ideas i am going to add, keep on adding more
good idea mate
wow, some good ideas you got there, i will add as much as i can keep em coming
i am sorry people for not being able to replay fast, i am super busy, and having exams next week, yet i read everything as soon as it gets posted, i just don't replay frequently, and i am again sorry for that, i hope i will be able to make a new update this week, but if i couldn't then the weak after the next i will feature 2 full great updates that you gonna like