Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith real tone cable | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith real tone cable

Hey,
    I live in the UK and a member of my family recently returned from the US on holiday bringing me back Rocksmith. Unfortunately she managed to lose the realtone cable. I have been looking to replace the cable but I can only find US resellers and with shipping I would be looking at paying around $50 for the cable alone.

I am trying to find anyone that can tell me how I can splice together one of my guitar cables and a USB cable to make my own untill I can afford to purchase a replacement.

Thanks a lot for any help.

(and yes my 360 is a US import).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey.

You don't just spice together an guitar cable into an USB cable for this to work. The Real Tone cable is basically an USB audio input with an analog input that happens to be a mono 1/4 inch jack stick.

In theory you could likely just use any other USB audio input. But I'm guessing the game will only allow the that specific cable. The odds of that on the XBox 360 is even bigger, as I understand the use of USB is heavily restricted on that platform.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you know a guitar cable is only 2 or 4 wires and the USB is 5(i think), so I guess I was kinda hoping there would be a chance of getting it to work...Unless there's a piece of tech magic in the block on the official cable? I suppose I should just try it and go for the hit n miss theory.

Just kinda annoying having the game sat here and needing another $50. I understand the games Euro release has been set back too so that means a potential UK seller is going to be non-existant.

Originally posted by TheMagicNumber:
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you know a guitar cable is only 2 or 4 wires and the USB is 5(i think), so I guess I was kinda hoping there would be a chance of getting it to work...Unless there's a piece of tech magic in the block on the official cable? I suppose I should just try it and go for the hit n miss theory..
    The piece of black magic is the A/D-Converter and the USB controller chip. What comes out of a guitar is an analog signal. What goes into an USB port is (basically) digital audio wrapped in USB messages.

For the record, has anyone found a second RealTone cable anywhere?
    I have had a spare/extra/player2 cable on order since before the release date, but Big River says it will not ship until sometime in November,,,

I ordered a second RealTone cable from Gamestop.com

Originally posted by TheMagicNumber:
    Hey,
    I live in the UK and a member of my family recently returned from the US on holiday bringing me back Rocksmith. Unfortunately she managed to lose the realtone cable. I have been looking to replace the cable but I can only find US resellers and with shipping I would be looking at paying around $50 for the cable alone.

I am trying to find anyone that can tell me how I can splice together one of my guitar cables and a USB cable to make my own untill I can afford to purchase a replacement.

Thanks a lot for any help.

(and yes my 360 is a US import).
    How did the cable get lost out of a sealed box? Was it opened to make sticking it into a suitcase a little easier? Well, you can't just splice to gether a guitar cable with a usb and expect the game to work. the real tone cable has a special chip built into it to make the game recongnize the guitar sounds. you need the actual cable.

just as an experiment I tired using a Lightsnake cable (guitar to USB) that I have for Garageband on the Mac in the game.

It didn't work, so no I don't think you'll be able to cobble together a cable.

Originally posted by r1chard34:
    just as an experiment I tired using a Lightsnake cable (guitar to USB) that I have for Garageband on the Mac in the game.

It didn't work, so no I don't think you'll be able to cobble together a cable.
    Not surprised. The developers specifically mentioned that this cable is somewhat of a "breakthrough" and is exclusive to RS.

See this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCLQ0wgwPHU

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    I would highly recommend getting the actual Real Tone Cable, since it is specifically designed to process the signal from the 1/4" jack to USB.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast