Thread: Medal Of Honor | Forums

Banned
    *MANN, JOE E.

Rank and organization: Private First Class, U.S. Army, Company H, 502d Parachute Infantry, 101st Airborne Division. Place and date: Best, Holland, 18 September 1944. Entered service at: Seattle, Wash. Birth: Rearden, Wash. G.O. No.: 73, 30 August 1945. Citation: He distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry above and beyond the call of duty. On 18 September 1944, in the vicinity of Best., Holland, his platoon, attempting to seize the bridge across the Wilhelmina Canal, was surrounded and isolated by an enemy force greatly superior in personnel and firepower. Acting as lead scout, Pfc. Mann boldly crept to within rocket-launcher range of an enemy artillery position and, in the face of heavy enemy fire, destroyed an 88mm. gun and an ammunition dump. Completely disregarding the great danger involved, he remained in his exposed position, and, with his M-1 rifle, killed the enemy one by one until he was wounded 4 times. Taken to a covered position, he insisted on returning to a forward position to stand guard during the night. On the following morning the enemy launched a concerted attack and advanced to within a few yards of the position, throwing hand grenades as they approached. One of these landed within a few feet of Pfc. Mann. Unable to raise his arms, which were bandaged to his body, he yelled "grenade" and threw his body over the grenade, and as it exploded, died. His outstanding gallantry above and beyond the call of duty and his magnificent conduct were an everlasting inspiration to his comrades for whom he gave his life.

Think we'll see this guy in the game?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Maybe but he may have another name like they always do for in case of family troubles.The only people in the series that are actual people are Johnson,Cassidy,and Cole.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"From this day on,til' the ending of the world,we in it shall be remembered,we lucky few,we band of brothers!For he who sheds his blood with me today, shall forever be my brother in arms."
    "For a man who sheds his blood with me today, shall forever be my brother in arms."

Banned
    in one of the gearbox forums Pitchford mentioned the 2 ppl that got the Medal of Honor, one for D-day and one in market garden but he didnt give the names of either, so i looked an Cole got his in D-day and Mann on market garden, this guy was in the same regiment the 502, but different company, they have prolly taken notice and may have something planned about this guy in the game but im certainly not an expert but i hope seeing this guy or this "familiar" incident take place. he sounds very heroic, wounded 4 times and insists to continue to fight and dies covering his body over a live grenade during a german attack. Baker is F company and Mann is H company.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Awesome gamer score, Orezai!

Banned
    thanks<div class="ev_tpc_signature">