Thread: Can someone help me real quick please on terrain replace me after generating. | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Hi, thanks in advance, this community is great. I have a quick question.

I just started doing maps and havn't completed one yet but in a couple the maps I am working on when I make beaches and follow the tutorial and then generate surface texture I get what appears to be a completed terrain generation from a view above the map, beaches and grass is where I want it to be and beaches are in sand detail. But when I zoom down onto the map I see replace me red all over the beaches sand areas, while the grass areas are fine and don't say this.

Why would my beaches say replace me in red when you zoom down on them, but look fine from zoomed out like what beach sand is suppose to look like?

Am I doing something wrong in making my beaches? I use the same tutorial that comes with it and follow that guide to make a beach or beaches on my map using the same settings listed, after making the beaches I then make a new sand then add the texture then add it as it says to. Step for step im 100% sure its done correctly.

Thanks for any advice or help on making beaches that generate terrain correctly after you generate it. Also any other advice on terrain in particular like how to get mountains textures other then Grass.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, thanks in advance, this community is great. I have a quick question.

I just started doing maps and havn't completed one yet but in a couple the maps I am working on when I make beaches and follow the tutorial and then generate surface texture I get what appears to be a completed terrain generation from a view above the map, beaches and grass is where I want it to be and beaches are in sand detail. But when I zoom down onto the map I see replace me red all over the beaches sand areas, while the grass areas are fine and don't say this.

Why would my beaches say replace me in red when you zoom down on them, but look fine from zoomed out like what beach sand is suppose to look like?

Am I doing something wrong in making my beaches? I use the same tutorial that comes with it and follow that guide to make a beach or beaches on my map using the same settings listed, after making the beaches I then make a new sand then add the texture then add it as it says to. Step for step im 100% sure its done correctly.

Thanks for any advice or help on making beaches that generate terrain correctly after you generate it. Also any other advice on terrain in particular like how to get mountains textures other then Grass.

did you try generating surface terrain again? did you zoom in as if you were using binos? or just in the editor?

Its your layers not configured properly.

Just as an experiment, load up mp_jungle in the editor, export the layers (Hit the texture button and then File export layers) Save as test.lay

Open you map do as above but then import test.lay

Regenerate Surface Texture as 4096

How does it look now when you zoom in?

If its ok, then come back and I'll tell you how to fix it.

Thanks for the reply finally someone took the time. Notice the post date , anyway I got it working, the problem was a small oversight by me not using the DDS file.

You probably already know, but if you go to www.crymod.com, thats the forum for getting help with the cryengine, not here.