Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry2 Activation | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Hi there!

I just bought Far cry 2 at a second hand game store and I'm trying to install it with no luck.

I don't have an internet connection on that PC and when I try to activate manually it asks for an "unlock request code"

I'm not sure where this is located or how to obtain it.

I have the serial number but I also need the other code to activate.

I'm guessing that it is generated based on my computer components but I'm not sure.

I am using XP.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft Support Staff
    The internet is required for activation. If you can, take your pc to someplace that has the internet for activation.

After it is activated the internet is no longer needed. The activation code/serial number is the CD Key loacted on the back of the manual.

Remember when putting in the code - use the dashes, use all caps and it is the number zero, not the letter 'oh'

OK so I have no idea were the online activation key is...and i tried to unlock it on this site
    https://support.securom.com/fa...lock/index.php#step1
    but i dont know were the Unlock Request Code is

please help
    thanks...

Originally posted by jegs_rider:
    OK so I have no idea were the online activation key is...and i tried to unlock it on this site
    https://support.securom.com/fa...lock/index.php#step1
    but i dont know were the Unlock Request Code is

please help
    thanks...
    From what I have read, you no longer have to activate the game. The disc check and DRM have been removed as of patch 1.03

I have kind of the same problem as jegs_rider. I cannot get the activation screen to pop up when I install the game. Furthermore,I cannot manually activate the game because I have no idea what the activation request key is. I have the serial from the manual, but thats it.

jgoss5952, can u play the game at all? Do u have Direct X10? I was trying to run the game with windows xp and couldnt. when i upgraded to vista i was able to run the game with no problems. I dont know if this will help u out or not but I thought id share this with u.

Hope it Helps.

the activation key is the serial you recieved with the game.
    My Specs:
    Win 7 ultimute 64 bit
    Core2Quad Q9650
    Asus P5N72-T Premium
    2 EVGA 9800GTX+ in SLI
    8 gig OCZ Platinum (PC2 6400)
    Supreme FX2 sound card
    Asus VW222U 22" LCD

no ****

Originally posted by jgoss5952:
    Furthermore,I cannot manually activate the game because I have no idea what the activation request key is. I have the serial from the manual, but thats it.
    I was answering this person not you. and above was what I was answering. You did not answer him nor did anyone else.

theres a no **** for you to attempt to comprehend considering he was unanswered in this thread and did not realize they were the same key.

As to further answer the question he had, the activation screen pops up the first time you start the game, you enter the same key as the CD key or for digital downloads it is known as the product key they are all the same thing with a different name obviously confusing people considering it should be the same name for everything. enter that key and it should activate fine and be fully playable online (after entering username) as well as in SP.
    My Specs:
    Win 7 ultimute 64 bit
    Core2Quad Q9650
    Asus P5N72-T Premium
    2 EVGA 9800GTX+ in SLI
    8 gig OCZ Platinum (PC2 6400)
    Supreme FX2 sound card
    Asus VW222U 22" LCD

Hi there!
    I wan't ask: How can I change username that who is in game?
    thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast