Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I could upgrade the FC2 Editor | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

This is what I would want

Speaking from a console gamer - Far Cry's editor has always been superior to anything else on consoles, just a few simple tweaks and additions would make a huge lot of difference.

I made a post at fcmaps which I linked above - I thought it was a good idea to hear feedback over there also as to what people think and their views on similar subjects.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This OP is gospel. Take note ubi. Fallen is one of the go-to guys for map editing

That guy really sounds like what he is talking about but he doesn't have the scope to imagine greater possibilities. What he is asking for is Far Cry 2 Editor 1.1, instead of Far Cry 3 editor.

For instance the editor could include :

Simple scripting blocks. Like trigger zones for spawns or timing triggers for new weapon placements or weather change.

Bot placements.

Flowing water physics.

Special effects placements, like explosions, smoke, fog, noise emitters.

Greater lighting control.

These are just a few things of the top of my head that would greatly improve the editor.

>Ability to walk smoothly over tiny rough edges between objects.

>Objects with no 'empty bottoms'

>Bot Placement

>No invisible gaps between struts on some objects (like the wooden stairs)

>Keep up the great variety in architectural style in buildings

>Caves (please!)

>Lights

>Helicopters

>Waterfalls

>Ability to have separate water levels for different areas of the map

>Doors and door frames

>More simple object to build buildings with

>Please don't cut any features

Maps (xbox): Freebooter, Reactor

Might see me here...

Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
    That guy really sounds like what he is talking about but he doesn't have the scope to imagine greater possibilities. What he is asking for is Far Cry 2 Editor 1.1, instead of Far Cry 3 editor.

For instance the editor could include :

Simple scripting blocks. Like trigger zones for spawns or timing triggers for new weapon placements or weather change.

Bot placements.

Flowing water physics.

Special effects placements, like explosions, smoke, fog, noise emitters.

Greater lighting control.

These are just a few things of the top of my head that would greatly improve the editor.
    FC2'S Editor was fantastic. Upgrades that u listed are certainly needed. I remember hating the fact that I couldn't set up lighting. It made interiors difficult to detail, and disappointing to use as everything was to dark to be desirable.

Auto-recovery of a map in case something happens. You have the option to save it or not.

Selective water levels so like instead of raising the water on the whole map you can change their level in certain area instead.

Tunnel digger - self-explanatory

Texture editor and ability to import 3d objects on PC

Ability to unlock all assets from single player

Originally posted by killa_677:
    Auto-recovery of a map in case something happens. You have the option to save it or not.

Selective water levels so like instead of raising the water on the whole map you can change their level in certain area instead.

i think the import 3d objects thing ill be impossible, the other players who will join your map would need this object.
    The team from FC3 simply need to add a lot more objects in the editor, from basic to complex..

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Originally posted by mikeware:
    i think the import 3d objects thing ill be impossible, the other players who will join your map would need this object.
    The team from FC3 simply need to add a lot more objects in the editor, from basic to complex..
    Tell that to the guy who added objects into FC2 via mod, I bet he would laugh. By the way Importing 3d objects would be cool but there would be issues like people importing S*x toys and other dirty stuff.

"Even Creativity requires a reference / source"
    Follow me on Twitter - @FarCryUniverse
    www.farcryuniverse.net
    www.youtube.com/user/farcryuniverse

Originally posted by mikeware:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killa_677:

The team from FC3 simply need to add a lot more objects in the editor, from basic to complex.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not impossible. When they download your map the 3d models are included and then they will appear in the map.

@ DapperHayden

People could do that but it's as simply as either leaving the game or staying.

Originally posted by DapperHayden:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikeware:
    Tell that to the guy who added objects into FC2 via mod, I bet he would laugh. By the way Importing 3d objects would be cool but there would be issues like people importing S*x toys and other dirty stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I used the wrong word, it's true, when I said impossible i meant to be not very viable.. people would need to download all the different objects to be able to play.
    Long periods to download a map wounld't be cool.. something faster like the Halo system is better I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast