1. #441
    jmk1999's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,543
    i passed on NG3... think i'm gonna wait a bit for it to go down in price, maybe even an ultimate edition or whatever to come out. after playing through NG Sigma 2, it was ok, but something about it was lacking from the first one. i played it on easy and i still wasn't all that into it. i don't know... NG1 was just way more solid. maybe it's because it was more adventure-like as you said. i played through NG1 so many times, even re-bought it as NG Sigma on the PS3... but i played through NG Sigma 2 once. not sure how i'll feel about 3. while that pre-order bonus of DOA5 was certainly tempting, it wasn't tempting enough... after all, it's just a demo.
    Share this post

  2. #442
    Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,589
    Originally Posted by dom1999 Go to original post
    i passed on NG3... think i'm gonna wait a bit for it to go down in price, maybe even an ultimate edition or whatever to come out. after playing through NG Sigma 2, it was ok, but something about it was lacking from the first one. i played it on easy and i still wasn't all that into it. i don't know... NG1 was just way more solid. maybe it's because it was more adventure-like as you said. i played through NG1 so many times, even re-bought it as NG Sigma on the PS3... but i played through NG Sigma 2 once. not sure how i'll feel about 3. while that pre-order bonus of DOA5 was certainly tempting, it wasn't tempting enough... after all, it's just a demo.

    The only other thing I can comment on is that there does seem to be a correlation of opinion based on what people thought of Ninja Gaiden 2. It seems like pretty much all the haters of 3 were people who just LOVED 2, while people like me who felt there was something wrong with the core gameplay in part 2 actually enjoyed 3 a lot.

    Anyway, I've already heard rumors of DLCs being made, so I'm sure it'd be worth your while to wait on a black/sigma release in the future.
    Share this post

  3. #443
    I'm probably going to be waiting on DOA5 until a year later just in case of that GOTY edition unless there is something really compelling with their initial offerings. I am stoked about the new Batman DLC though. Wish they would bundle all the DLC into a nice cheap package for those like myself who purchased the launch copy. A good excuse to pop the disc back in to finish up all those challenges.
    Share this post

  4. #444
    jmk1999's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,543
    playing uncharted 3 finally... can anyone who's played it tell me why i can't reload my gun manually? it's ridiculous.
    Share this post

  5. #445
    Nice, we should do some coop missions one of these days
    I believe reload is R2 as it's always been? <-- omg new smiley! I still want the old and :indiff: back -_-
    Share this post

  6. #446
    Originally Posted by dom1999 Go to original post
    playing uncharted 3 finally... can anyone who's played it tell me why i can't reload my gun manually? it's ridiculous.
    Yeah, should be R2.

    Anyone in the Guild Wars 2 beta this weekend? I is excite.
    Share this post

  7. #447
    Hopefully it will give Bioware a kick in the rear for TOR content... -_-
    Share this post

  8. #448
    jmk1999's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,543
    Originally Posted by Yolky Go to original post
    Nice, we should do some coop missions one of these days
    I believe reload is R2 as it's always been? <-- omg new smiley! I still want the old and :indiff: back -_-
    crap... i'll have to try that. no, it was down before. that's why i've been driving myself crazy over trying to reload.
    Share this post

  9. #449
    Or you know, just crack open and read the paper or in game manual...

    Is there even a controller setup with down as the reload? R2 took some getting used to as with FPS it's usually Square / X / R. But down? That's a new one.
    Share this post

  10. #450
    jmk1999's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,543
    it was down i believe because left and right selected guns... if i recall correctly (i couldn't remember the last time i played, but finally figured it out by pressing ****ons... lol).
    Share this post