Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith Strong Sales - backordered on Amazon | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Good news for ubi, Rocksmith is so popular it has a 3-4 week backorder wait on Amazon now, to buy directly from Amazon (there's some vendors who are selling it at a premium now, nearly $100):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer...sr=8-3&condition=new

So that's good to see, such strong sales that Amazon's out of stock, from what it appears. Let's hope this game is the 'runaway hit of 2011' like it should be, so we get a lot of DLC and patches/upgrades, RS2 release soon since they can now afford to put more programming staff on it etc. Way to go. woot.

I've been a hardcore gamer since day 1 (atari 2600, pong/pacman/asteroids at arcades), in the 70s. I've played every good game ever released over the last 30 years, on multiple platforms.

This is the first game in video game history that actually TEACHES you something Useful. Very big accomplishment... thanks ubi rs team. You've definitely made videogame history with Rocksmith. Something to be genuinely proud of.

I'm amazed that at 47, I just bought an ibanez guitar this last week and am over 1m points already in the game and am actually playing real guitar. Astonishing speed-of-teaching. You guys rock - thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

well, Rockband and such had drums, and that was some teaching to me

agree, early games like RB/GH 'paved the way' for popularity of rocksmith... my daughter kept laughing at me though, saying plastic guitar controller looks silly... and I agree.. so I'm glad I can rock out with a real guitar

thx to RB/GH for making the whole idea popular initially, of playing along w/music in a game

Originally posted by DrwhoGalefrie:
    That is what I thought too about the rockband drums until I got behind a real drum set. It helped out with the motions of swinging and the foot pedal. Other than that, real drums are totally different.

Originally posted by oldgeezer99:
    agree, early games like RB/GH 'paved the way' for popularity of rocksmith... my daughter kept laughing at me though, saying plastic guitar controller looks silly... and I agree.. so I'm glad I can rock out with a real guitar
    Um...Rock Band has had a 'real' guitar for quite a while now. I think Rocksmith is a better learning tool overall, but I learned quite a bit from Rock Band's Pro Mode. Let's give credit where credit is due.
    My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank

Originally posted by nevermore8:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrwhoGalefrie:
    That is what I thought too about the rockband drums until I got behind a real drum set. It helped out with the motions of swinging and the foot pedal. Other than that, real drums are totally different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The TD-9 KX2 kit I use with Rock Band feels pretty real to me

Hopefully sales will continue to perform... the bigger the player base, the more groups will be willing to make their music available through the game.
    I'm curious to see how long it takes before we hear about some successful rock band that got it's start because of Rocksmith...

Originally posted by jbarnoski:
    Hopefully sales will continue to perform... the bigger the player base, the more groups will be willing to make their music available through the game.
    I'm curious to see how long it takes before we hear about some successful rock band that got it's start because of Rocksmith...
    We should start a pool.

I take three years!

Originally posted by SeattleSauve:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nevermore8:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrwhoGalefrie:
    That is what I thought too about the rockband drums until I got behind a real drum set. It helped out with the motions of swinging and the foot pedal. Other than that, real drums are totally different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The TD-9 KX2 kit I use with Rock Band feels pretty real to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bad *** kit you've got there. All I was saying was that the skills I learned from playing the rockband drum kit didn't really translate to real drums. For me anyways. I could play a majority of the songs on expert, but when I sat down on a real drum set I was lost until I spent some time on the real set.

Originally posted by Funk-n-Stein:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oldgeezer99:
    Um...Rock Band has had a 'real' guitar for quite a while now. I think Rocksmith is a better learning tool overall, but I learned quite a bit from Rock Band's Pro Mode. Let's give credit where credit is due. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still love my Squier, but yeah we are the lucky ones. Availability was always a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast