Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kmart and Ubi | Forums

I don't know if Kmart made a mistake or if UBI made a deal with them, but a add came out this week stating, Kmart was selling ghost recon 2 for $19.99. I called kmart this morning they said the add was correct and had already sold out. All the kmarts were sold out. Was this add everywhere or just in San Diego? I wonder if this was a mistake or a marketing plan by UBI. They either lost money to get more people to buy the game and play it or did what sega did and made a deal with take 2 for production of the game discs. Anyone have any info?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't know if Kmart made a mistake or if UBI made a deal with them, but a add came out this week stating, Kmart was selling ghost recon 2 for $19.99. I called kmart this morning they said the add was correct and had already sold out. All the kmarts were sold out. Was this add everywhere or just in San Diego? I wonder if this was a mistake or a marketing plan by UBI. They either lost money to get more people to buy the game and play it or did what sega did and made a deal with take 2 for production of the game discs. Anyone have any info?

Here's the link to the add

Kmart add

XyZspineZyX
    It seems UBI is dumping stock on the UK market too it is now at â£17.99 with free delivery instead â£34.49 four weeks ago when launched!!!

I heard unconfirmed rumors that GR2 for XBox didn't do that well (maybe a Mod can confirm or deny this) and that a lot of gamers are in fact returning it because of the bugs that the game shipped with like the "reset XBox" crash and the XBox Live, MP bugs/glitches.

I think UBI is trying to drum up last-minute shopper revenue since Christmas is only three days a way and if kids have been bugging their parents to get them this game, it is a steal at $19.99 considering it usually takes about six to nine months for it to start to drop into that "used" price range from $49.99 (depending on where you buy it at launch).

**** i coulda waited a couple of weeks and saved 30 bucks, oh well...

DuTcHoVeN123 [Gamertag]

I think its 19.99 everywhere because its 19.99 here in Kansas City

Kansas City Kmart AD

Now my buddy has NO excuse to pick it up. Awesome! I can't wait to kick his **** online. Holla!

This is just a K-Mart thing. Gamestop is still selling it full price as is Best Buy. I bet Wal-Mart is too.

Ain't that a B****, I paid full price. foiled again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast