Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GO to this link, for EGM cover of ENDWAR | Forums

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3158897

here it is, looks like some strategic missile defenses will be in the game as mentioned in the website by the female narrator.

Can't wait til May 8th

----In your application of military force, be just, fair, precise, but to conquer your enemies' will, heart and mind, seek to improve his lot- atacms-----
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

GOT DAMN! You mean to tell me satellites will be blastin' us into next week? Man, this game is gonna be so dang intense. If I saw correctly it looks like Europe is up the creek, without the paddle. HAHA. It looks almost apocalyptic if you ask me. And you wanna know what I think after seeing this? The Russians may have hijacked our satellites, electronically of course, and used the powerful anti-ballistic missile technology and turned it against us. Just an unsubstantiated theory but hard to pass up when looking at the cover. Thanks for looking out man.

That's quite possible. Information warfare as they call it in the military is alot about electronic/cyber ju-jitsu. Use the other guy's movement/energy or in this case weapons against him.

By the way, is your avatar a pic of yourself or a buddy over in Iraq?

I served in 3/15 Infantry of the 3rd ID, but that was years ago. I was 11M.

----In your application of military force, be just, fair, precise, but to conquer your enemies' will, heart and mind, seek to improve his lot- atacms-----

Satellite shooting down to Earth? Sounds like the Hammer of Dawn in Gears of War. Bleh.

Actually the pic is not of me nor a buddy. It was one of the characters from Over There, that show that used to be on FX. I can never compare to what you guys do. I really look up to ya guys. I've always wanted to be in the military myself, but have a physical disability tho. So the military wasn't possible, but I still got mad respect for all of ya.

Originally posted by xxjusticarxx:
    Satellite shooting down to Earth? Sounds like the Hammer of Dawn in Gears of War. Bleh.
    Actually there was work being done in the '80's for charged particle beams that could hit high flying aircraft in addition to ballistic missiles. There's been some new research that uses a laser to create a channel, creating less atmospheric disturbance for the next directed energy pulse so add some decades and who's to say this isn't possible.

The famous "Star Wars" program.

Wait a minute, if I remember correctly then this program has been initiated by President Bush (Sen.) and has then been canceled (I think because of budget reasons, but I'm not sure)?
    My Blog | Guidelines | Vth_F | W[N]M | [url=htt

Actually his son has picked it up again, just not under the same name. I don't really remember what the program's called now but I remember reading something about it in an engineering magazine. So it isn't that unrealistic that in 20 years such a technology'll be available.

Originally posted by atacms:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xxjusticarxx:
    Actually there was work being done in the '80's for charged particle beams that could hit high flying aircraft in addition to ballistic missiles. There's been some new research that uses a laser to create a channel, creating less atmospheric disturbance for the next directed energy pulse so add some decades and who's to say this isn't possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you refering to the antimissile plan developed for knocking out ballistic/nuclear weapons with lasers that was cut out the budget moreso because they felt there was more pertinent attention to other matters?

Well if anyone's interested...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...nt_NMD_program

Basically the problem is that for a laser to be able to eliminate a missile from outer space, a huge amount of energy'd be required, due to the huge distance the beam'd have to travel, and to be able to penetrate the missile's hull. Lasers aren't all that deadly and powerful like most people think. The beam's that you see cut through a sheet of metal are extremely high-powered..not the kind of equipment suitable for loading into a satellite and powering up there in outer space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast