Thread: Scripted NPCs | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

I know all NPCs walk around doing their normal routines and acting them out when they feel the need for it, eat, work etc. But some NPCs, like the monks that in the on stage demo seems to walk by right when the player enters the square where the assassination is going to take place, is that a script that starts when the player enters the square or are they also following their normal routines? The same with the target William, he also seemes to walk in right when you look at the gallows. I hope it's just coincidence.
    - non fatigare totum est -
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Have the devs confirmed that the NPCs will actually go through life cycles, ala Oblivion's Radiant AI?

From the limited video options available it appears they just walk back and forth semi randomly.

As to the scripted nature, well.. All I can say is that it was probably scripted for the demo, at least. Jade sounded pretty confident the opportunity would arise, and unless there were other social stealth opportunities down in that square, it seemed a little too coincidental. It all worked a bit to much like a well oiled machine to have been blind luck.

Originally posted by umiachi:
    Have the devs confirmed that the NPCs will actually go through life cycles, ala Oblivion's Radiant AI?
    yes

they better

sorry i forgot to give any proof...im not exactly sure where i heard it but i think if u go here and go where it says interviews and watch either E3 2K6 GT Jade Raymond 1 or E3 2K6 GT Jade Raymond 2 then she will mention it