Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashes on PC | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

This problem isn't hardware related, as I easily can play with the highest resolution and max details, without any problem.

Anyway, I get to play for about three to ten minutes before this happens. The game just freezes. Or to be more spesific, the computer freezes. I get a lot of red spots all over the screen right before it happens. They're in a pattern.

I've tried to play on the lowest resolution just to be sure, with the lowst details. It happened then as well. This time though, I got to use alt+tab, and got this message.

Headline: Windows - Display driver stopped responding

Message body: The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.

From this it seems there is a problem with the drivers for my graphics card. I got a XFX 8800GT. So far I've tried with the newest drivers, as well as the ones I were using(They were about four months old). Anyone got an idea what the solution might be, or have any similar problems?

I've tried to google this, but I can't find much info on this exact problem :-\
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Same problem here...
    I have also a 8800GT (club 3d), running vista 64 and downloaded the latest drivers and dx10.
    A friend of mine has the same version of vista and he can play without problems..

Update: installed the beta drivers and the problem keeps existing. Now i'll try to uninstall the drivers and install them again (thx for the suggestion Raide!)

EVGA 8800GT here... Seems to be a 8800GT thing?

I am having the same problem as well. At least I think it's the same. My screen freezes with Artifacts all over the screen. The sound continues running (typically), but the monitor stops receiving a video input after a little bit.

At first I thought it was my video card over-heating (I've had to RMA a video card before due to over-heating, and I experienced the same thing...) but when i was watching the temperatures, it didn't get over 70c, while Nvidia lists the card can handle 100c. In other games I've seen it go over 70c (Crysis) and still run fine without any artifacts.

After a bit of playing around, I increased my fan's speed (runs at 29% max) and increased that to 80%, and the game played fine, for roughly a half hour, but then it crashed again. If my character is not moving, just sitting idle, it seems to play fine for an hour w/o any hiccups, but within 5 minutes of me moving it crashed...

System Specs:
    Microsoft Vista Ultimate x64
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
    Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Rev 1.1 Bios: F10
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800 2GB (2x1GB)
    EVGA 8800GT Superclocked Edition (Stock Speeds) 174.74 Forceware
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (320GB SATAII)
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Pro

Have a look at this and it could also be worth checking the Nvidia site as well.

If you google "nv4_disp" there are loads of links to the problem and un-installing the video drivers and re-installing them usually sorts out the problems. It may take some time to get the problems sorted but this should help. Please let me know how you get on with the above advice.

Which drivers are you using, Nvidia released some beta drivers at the end of march, if you're using the certified drivers, it might be worth trying the beta ones.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

I am running the beta drivers. I originally had the WHQL certified drivers, and so I updated to the newest Beta drivers (March 27, 2008 I think), and it has the same issues... looking right now on the Nvidia forums, but not much luck yet..

Well I've been doing a bit more experimentation..

I've gotten my graphics card 15c (with 3DMark06) hotter than that the game was getting it to, and it was running flawless. So I do not think it's hardware.

I have played Crysis for a bit, and TF2 (only other two games I really have...) and both of them work perfect... seems to me there is something wrong with the software, or something wrong with the NVidia drivers working with the game... And as I reported in the thread that Raide Posted, that did not help either..

Similar problem. Vista Ultimate. 8800 GT.

Occurs when running both DX9 and DX10 versions of the game. The only difference is the color of the artifacts (Red in DX9, Blue in DX10, if that makes a difference). About a 5 second freeze with artifacts then an unrecoverable GPU failure requiring restart. Using 174.74 Beta Drivers (late March).

I managed to get a BSOD three or four times. Generally my monitor simply looses the signal from the GPU. Every BSOD states that the display driver "nvlddmkm.sys" has stopped responding, so it may be a different animal than the nv4_disp errors.

Card and case temperatures fine. No similar problems with any other game.

Similar problem, just much quicker.

The first time it died 3 seconds into the game, while subsequently, I managed to get to the first cut-scene where it crashes within a minute. Usually my monitor just loses signal so I get no error message, while once I ctrl-alt-del quickly when it froze (sound still playing) and got a BSOD.
    Some graphic anomalies/artifacts were noted.

->> 8800GT!!! <<-- (factory overclocked, Asus)
    Intel C2D 6750 @3.2Ghz
    Creative X-Fi
    Vista 32bit
    All drivers are the latest. Was using 169.44, switched to 174.74. both had identical results.

I've noticed that the game remains stable for longer if I turn multisampling down to its lowest setting. No other setting adjustment has any impact.

Setting it to max typically ends up crashing within the first 5-10 minutes. 20-30 minutes setting it to mid-range. Lowest setting and I can play for about an hour.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast