Thread: My officers get tired faster then they get better! | Forums

Now all my officers are red ! , I'm doing something wrong?

Same goes with my sailors.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Now all my officers are red ! , I'm doing something wrong?

Same goes with my sailors.

i'm still new at this, so i'm probably not the person to be giving advice... but i think that different jobs tire the crew more than others. For example being on watch, is usually a pretty "relaxing" job... except when it's "stormy" then it's very taxing, so people on watch will tire faster. I think being in the engine room is also fairly taxing, and i think the faster you run the engines also taxes the engine crew faster. Torpedo crews also seem to tire faster. In general i find that jobs like the sonar/radar and the command room positions are the "easiest".

Tips to avoid tiring everyone out.

1. Make sure you have alot of crew members. When i started my first career (1st flotilla 1939) my Type 2A only had the bare minimum crew, and when i went out to see everyone got tired very quickly. (more work, for less people makes them tired) so just enlist some extra help.. even the 0 renown people make a big help.

2. Get familiar with the quick crew station keys (Surfaced attack / Surface cruise ect) If you hit the key multiple times i think it rotates the people doing the jobs. I try to rotate the crew every 6 hours (4 times a day) even if i'm just traveling in cruise mode.

3. Don't bother selecting the "attack" presets which put the crew in the torpeedo tubes unless your actually reloading. You don't actually need anyone up there to fire the tubes. So when you hunting & stalking just keep the crew at the "cruise" stations. Move them to the attack presets either just before, or just after taking your first shot.

4. For the officers.. I tend to find that for 90% of the time out on a patrol, i only need a CE & NA, which means that 2 of the 4 officers should be resting when just putting around the ocean. I make it a point to rotate them every 6 or so hours unless i've got a tense situation going on.

5. If everyone is tired (and your not tracking or running from someone) just put the boat down to a safe depth, put her at all stop, and put everyone to bed. (take a day off. lol.) After a couple of hours everyone should be refreshed. I found i had to do this only when i was running with the bareminum of a crew though.

Also don't be afraid to dive for a few hours to get some rest, Type II are tough little ship to keep happy. Put it on 32X and they will be happy again after few seconds.

yea i used to have that problem but ive found out why.

1. have your officers to rest in the restrooms. You dont need all officers at their stations all the time. Only during combat you should have them at command.

2. When youre surfaced during storms your rest rooms do not work. nobody is relaxing during a storm. Your best bet is to dive to about 50 meters where its calm and rest for few hours. But watch your CO2 instruments before you fire the time conpression.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copyoffline:
    2. When youre surfaced during storms your rest rooms do not work. nobody is relaxing during a storm. Your best bet is to dive to about 50 meters where its calm and rest for few hours. But watch your CO2 instruments before you fire the time conpression. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah! So that's why all my men were tired during that last patrol. It was stormy the whole time and I couldn't figure out why everyone was tired all the time.
    -----------------------------